Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This problem angers me
Nuclearbones Offline

Threads: 19
This problem angers me

Well I was just doing my usual test runs when all of a sudden Steam gave me an "update" on Amnesia. I waited ten minutes for it to upload and when it finished. To my surprise, it refuses to open the first map. Now usually I would be a confused sucker and go to the script of my first map but no. It was perfectly fine before the update and I am extremely certain it had nothing to do with the script. I swear that the update I was given was some kind of virus that prevents me from opening my CS. I'm super angry now.
10-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: This problem angers me

(10-07-2012, 08:36 PM)Nuclearbones Wrote: Well I was just doing my usual test runs when all of a sudden Steam gave me an "update" on Amnesia. I waited ten minutes for it to upload and when it finished. To my surprise, it refuses to open the first map. Now usually I would be a confused sucker and go to the script of my first map but no. It was perfectly fine before the update and I am extremely certain it had nothing to do with the script. I swear that the update I was given was some kind of virus that prevents me from opening my CS. I'm super angry now.
what does the error say?
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM by warmacha11.)
10-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Find
Nuclearbones Offline

(10-07-2012, 08:45 PM)warmacha11 Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 08:36 PM)Nuclearbones Wrote: Well I was just doing my usual test runs when all of a sudden Steam gave me an "update" on Amnesia. I waited ten minutes for it to upload and when it finished. To my surprise, it refuses to open the first map. Now usually I would be a confused sucker and go to the script of my first map but no. It was perfectly fine before the update and I am extremely certain it had nothing to do with the script. I swear that the update I was given was some kind of virus that prevents me from opening my CS. I'm super angry now.
what does the error say?
FATAL ERROR: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/Amnesia:The Dark Descent/Custom Stories/Conscience/maps/chapter 1/lvl01.map

And its always right when it gets to the loading screen with the trinity symbol.
10-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

For one, it is not a virus. Two, make sure the custom_story_settings.cfg follows the correct .map and also make sure you didn't remove/change the name of the spawn area.

Is this a custom story or a full conversion?
10-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Find
Nuclearbones Offline

(10-08-2012, 12:09 AM)Statyk Wrote: For one, it is not a virus. Two, make sure the custom_story_settings.cfg follows the correct .map and also make sure you didn't remove/change the name of the spawn area.

Is this a custom story or a full conversion?
Well like I said before it was working perfectly fine before the update occurred. I didn't touch any thing in the .cfg since early April and I never touched anything in the map for a while. But I'll look just in case, if not then it's probably just steam wanting me to restart. =_=

Well at first I planned for it to be a fairly small custom story. Just a custom story. But then new ideas came in, I started messing around with blender to create, rig, and animate human NPCs (though that was a failure because I suck at that 3D art and animation) and it all just became too big and I figured since it was going to be so big, I was just going to make it a full conversion.
10-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

On a Windows system a colon is not a valid character for file names and directory names.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Website Find
Nuclearbones Offline

(10-08-2012, 03:04 AM)Your Computer Wrote: On a Windows system a colon is not a valid character for file names and directory names.
You're right, I was trying to memorize what the Fatal Error said. :[
10-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

It'd be nice if you posted the contents of the hpl.log (found in Documents/Amnesia/Main for regular, non-full conversion custom stories) after causing the error if you don't plan on posting your custom story files.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 04:03 AM by Your Computer.)
10-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-08-2012, 03:04 AM)Your Computer Wrote: On a Windows system a colon is not a valid character for file names and directory names.
I assumed there wasn't a colon and he was trying to remember the directory off the top of his head. As it being on Steam, it is labeled as "amnesia the dark descent".
10-08-2012, 04:10 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(10-08-2012, 04:10 AM)Statyk Wrote: I assumed there wasn't a colon and he was trying to remember the directory off the top of his head. As it being on Steam, it is labeled as "amnesia the dark descent".

Indeed, i could have done that too. But what good is an error message that isn't 100% accurate? Information could have been left out that could have helped us in solving the issue.

10-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Website Find