Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

Overrated movies:

InBetweeners 1+2 (2 extremely unlikable main characters and a plot revolving around 'getting it on')

Equestria Girls (even if I'm a brony, I don't like the movie's STORY and 'Flash Freaking Sentry' is the cliche love interest that will probably never go away)

Underrated Movies:

47 Ronan (very cool samurai battles and a Japanese film made in the west that features a mostly Japanese cast)

Home Alone 2 (i prefer this over the original film actually mainly for the bigger setting instead of the one neighbourhood)

Overrated games:

Mirrors Edge (I was very disappointed at the lenght of the story and the many 'do this mission this way or you die' moments)

Team Fortress 2 (i am stupid)

Underrated Games:

FNAF (there is a huge group of people who hate this game for being repitisios but it has a brilliant story, mechanic and a customisable night mode (not many games have this))

Naughty Bear Panic in Paridise (NOBODY LIKES THIS GAME EXCEPT ME AND I DON'T KNOW WHY HELP ME)
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2015, 09:32 PM by A.M Team.)
01-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

What? TF2 and buying stuff? It's not a Pay2Win game at all. I don't see why you would need to buy anything to get good. You can buy customizables. The only slight P2W aspect might be that you can buy/trade new weapons, although if you do play it you can also get them as random drops for free. It might take a while though, so if you're impatient...

Whether it's overrated or not, I'm not gonna really deny, but honestly it's a great game and it does deserve a lot of its hype. But can any game really satisfy the expectations of the players?

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2015, 11:39 PM by Mudbill.)
01-29-2015, 11:39 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

Yeah, to be honest, you don't have to buy a single thing in TF2 to be any better, stock weps are generally the best option anyways, unlockables only really throw in some variety otherwise.

and don't get me started on fnaf being underrated, at this point, I think it's probably one of the most overrated indie horror games or indie games in general in the past 3 years.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
01-30-2015, 08:19 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Regarding FNAF I still stand by my opinion (Which may be flawed due to me only having played the demo which had the first two nights) that it is a very outstanding game that very successfully immerses the player to truly feel like the person they are playing in a way few other titles succeed in doing.

The first game anyways. From what I've seen of the second game that one throws all the greatness of the first to the winds.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-30-2015, 11:06 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I think it is generally agreed upon that the Inbetweeners films are not overrated because nobody rates them as being that great anyway. Thought everyone agreed the series was GOAT and the films didn't reach those heights.

[Image: luv.gif]
01-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Sorry for starting a group of threads off topicing the off topic section, I didn't mean to! Tongue

But I still stick to my guns with the entire list. Yes, I have played FNAF1 + 2 and TF2 and I'm still going with my opinion.
01-31-2015, 10:16 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Yeah, it's your opinion, but I gotta say that you're wrong with TF2, because it's an objective fact that it is not a pay to win game. Perhaps you got the wrong impression.

01-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

There is a very big difference between pay-to-win and pay-for-diversity. I have played TF2 for a very very long time, and I can safely say that having a wide range of weapons does not really put you at a advantage over people who only have the standard weapons.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-31-2015, 12:43 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(01-31-2015, 12:43 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: There is a very big difference between pay-to-win and pay-for-diversity. I have played TF2 for a very very long time, and I can safely say that having a wide range of weapons does not really put you at a advantage over people who only have the standard weapons.

I promise I won't be bad ever again. Sad PINKIE PROMISE.

cross my heart and hope to fly,
shove a cupcake in my eye

Don't worry, you NEVER break PINKIE PROMISES...
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2015, 09:32 PM by A.M Team.)
02-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Find