Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Announcement Key to Freedom 0.9 (testers needed)
lllDash Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Key to Freedom 0.9 (testers needed)

So you did not go through the red hall door, huh?
Spoiler below!
the weak spot on the door is the lock, hit it with the hammer, it is here that you find another note and unlock the cemetary door from the other side (it's glowing blue)

Glad you enjoyed it. remember, this was just a beta. It's only 90% done. I still need to add mementos, fix a few bugs. add an extra level. Add a few more scares. etc...

My Custom Story: KEY TO FREEDOM: http://www.moddb.com/mods/key-to-freedom
11-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

Looking forward to play final version!

As for crashes, I haven't experienced any crashes at all.

As for bugs... hmm... It's hard to explain... well... at the house at the graveyard, if you throw something into a window, the window would "suck" an object. You have to check it out by yourself and watch what I mean by saying "suck". It's really hard to explain. The same glitch I've noticed at the very beginning of the story at the little corridor, with a lots of non-interactive boxes. I hope you will understand what place I mean. And if you throw something into those non-interactive boxes, they would "suck" thrown objects.

As for complaints... hmm... the only place I didn't like is the corridor alike way to graveyard. It's a very unbelievable place. I understand that HPL doesn't allows to make big open spaces. But that corridor is just useless. There's nothing beautiful there, nothing necessary in terms of gameplay. For example, it could be hundred times better, if cemetery would be right after that yard with the fountain. Anyway, it's up to you what to do or not to do.

Another thing, that is not so nice are those knights movements. Especially at the tower. It was just funny, nothing else. But that's a subjective thing, strictly my own subjective opinion.

What else... hmm... nothing I think )))

That's all. And once again looking forward to play final version!

-----
I've opened that door at the red hall... maaan... that's was another one win! Real scary moment, you know what I'm talking about Wink Got to change my pants... Shame I missed it at the straight walkthrough...
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012, 02:19 AM by Alex Ros.)
11-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Website Find
Akos115 Offline

Threads: 14

I played it but i got stuck after finding the first orb piece. You did an awesome job, I really liked it! Keep up the good work ;D

11-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Find
lllDash Offline

(11-08-2012, 03:16 PM)Akos115 Wrote: I played it but i got stuck after finding the first orb piece. You did an awesome job, I really liked it! Keep up the good work ;D
Glad you're enjoying it. I've started working on version 1.0.
Man, there's a lot of stuff that needs to be done, so there's still plenty of time for you guys to test out version 0.9. One of the stuff that I've noticed is how many people keep getting stuck after the blue orb piece; When the player picks up the key that fell out of the broken vase, I'm gonna add the text; "Tower Key". that way it may help the player realize that the key is for a completely different part of the mansion.

11-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Player's are getting confused not because of the key. It's elevator. Just after 1st usage of elevator tell something like: "Wow, it's still working! So I can get back up again to the main hall". That the elevator is working is exactly that thing that doesn't comes to mind, that's why me and that new player is confused. It's absolutely unclear that you still can get up again... you think you're here at the basement and your goal is to find where to use key here downstairs. You don't even think about elevator... well, it's just an advise.

By the way - you called it the "Tower Key". It could be usefull if you could make a tablets under all the doors at the main hall - I mean "The Tower", "Basement", "Living Rooms", etc. I mean those Amnesia signs "Archives", "Vine Cellar", etc...
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012, 06:03 PM by Alex Ros.)
11-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Website Find
Akos115 Offline

Threads: 14

(11-09-2012, 05:49 PM)lllDash Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 03:16 PM)Akos115 Wrote: I played it but i got stuck after finding the first orb piece. You did an awesome job, I really liked it! Keep up the good work ;D
Glad you're enjoying it. I've started working on version 1.0.
Man, there's a lot of stuff that needs to be done, so there's still plenty of time for you guys to test out version 0.9. One of the stuff that I've noticed is how many people keep getting stuck after the blue orb piece; When the player picks up the key that fell out of the broken vase, I'm gonna add the text; "Tower Key". that way it may help the player realize that the key is for a completely different part of the mansion.
I got stuck in the tower, I don't know what to do there Tongue

11-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Find
lllDash Offline

When the player gets to the underground halls there are 4 orb pieces (a shard) that needs to be found, each level has only one shard piece, as well as a way to unlock a door in the hub that leads to another level (like a key, or a lever, or a puzzle). In each level the eagle statues will give the player a clue as to where a shard is located. hoped this helped. pay attention to every text that pops up.

11-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Find
AmnesiaMaster Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Key to Freedom

(10-17-2012, 12:40 PM)wolfmaster1231 Wrote: I could test this if you want i havent made a custom story yet put im experieced with the editor and mechanics Tongue
As am I And as well I would like to test this map
11-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Spoiler below!
By the way the machine at the bottom of a tower - what was it opening? I mean that puzzle machine with triangle, circle and quadrant buttons. I remember when I solved it I was told "that something opened somewhere" (or something like that). So finally as long as I finished Beta what was that machine opening?
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012, 07:08 PM by Alex Ros.)
11-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Finally, after I restarted this story and played again, I managed to proceed futher after the crash problem.

But I'm stuck again:

Spoiler below!
When you arrived place where is 4 orb altars and I climbed in a little storage over that shelf and vase supposed to fall then it contains a some sort of key? My Q is? Where is it I can't find it. Another bug perhaps?

“Life is a game, play it”
11-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Find