Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Announcement Key to Freedom 0.9 (testers needed)
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Key to Freedom 0.9 (testers needed)

(11-04-2012, 12:18 AM)lllDash Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 02:13 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: Humiliation, how u got into the mansion? Broke the windows and... and what? How u opened the door?
Check the pipe. Blush

(11-02-2012, 10:22 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Wow, I tried it and it was fantastic really decent mapping and some new things what I have not seened before or ever.

Spoiler below!
However when I returned back to main hub after "Scary events" comes and that statue looked me and her hand points to the left when I touched the main hub door game crashed? Is this a bug or end or what?

Excellent story so far and terrifying as hell! Big Grin
That has never happened Huh .You've only been through 20% of the CS, However there has been cases of other CS crashing randomly and usually some of these fixes include:
Reinstall CS
ReinstallAmnesia
Redownload CS
Delete saves and start over etc...

R U using Amnesia patch 1.2? (AKA Justine patch?)
Yeah I'm using justine patch. Didn't work I tried restaring whole story and played again, same thing happens after I reach that door and click it. I'm not reinstalling amnesia and I don't think that resolves the problem, there is something kind of bug or error, but don't know what. Search for it and fix it. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
11-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

Ok... I'm down there at the hall with the 4 orbs. I've found green piece. I've found a hatch in the ceiling. But how do I get up there? I got the box and ladders, I've tried for half-an-hour to manipulate with them and climb to the hatch... but just can't get it work. Maybe I missed something? I got no oil, so I can't look around down there at the hall...
11-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Website Find
lllDash Offline

Threads: 12

(11-05-2012, 04:00 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: Ok... I'm down there at the hall with the 4 orbs. I've found green piece. I've found a hatch in the ceiling. But how do I get up there? I got the box and ladders, I've tried for half-an-hour to manipulate with them and climb to the hatch... but just can't get it work. Maybe I missed something? I got no oil, so I can't look around down there at the hall...
When you picked up piece of orb (the blue shard I'm guessing) a vase should have fallen to reveal a key, did you pick up the key? take the key and explore the hub - You cant open the hatch unless you get all 4 shards; red, violet, blue (the one you already have), and green.

I don't use boxlights? Undecided I always use boxlights!.....well, except the underground hallRolleyes. But if you cant see the boxlight then you might wanna set your brightness a bit higher

Yip, the door near machine doesn't have a reason for being there, at least gameplay wise. It's there for story and cosmetic reasons. Thats the door that Douglass Atkins used to lock himself in. And thats the only reason why it's there.

My Custom Story: KEY TO FREEDOM: http://www.moddb.com/mods/key-to-freedom
11-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

DELETE ME
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012, 11:45 PM by Alex Ros.)
11-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Website Find
lllDash Offline

(11-05-2012, 03:10 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Yeah I'm using justine patch. Didn't work I tried restaring whole story and played again, same thing happens after I reach that door and click it. I'm not reinstalling amnesia and I don't think that resolves the problem, there is something kind of bug or error, but don't know what. Search for it and fix it. Smile
This doesn't happen to other people. I don't know why it won't work. nothing "global" happens after the mansion area. Did you try entering the mansion and then immediately go back to the hub? if it still crashes go into the map editor, open Key to freedom3.map and check the entrance door. make sure that it is set to Mapfile: "Key to Freedom2.map" and StartPos: "PlayerStartArea_2".

11-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Everything's cool and nice. Enjoying my time playing your CS. Lots of very interesting moments. Puzzles are surely harder than at original Amnesia and that's a challenge!.. No bugs or crashes at all...
Spoiler below!
Only one complaint - I'm already at the graveyard - and last time I was scared was at the flooded basement. Since than scary events were predictable, which is sad. For example graveyard - well, it was scary to meet invisible ghost-monster. But the place itself - graveyard - made me think that something is going to happen here BEFORE it happened. If I met this monster somewhere else... earlier...

Or that big hall with the piece of orb behind the eagle statue. Well, when red lights turned on it was quite unexpected, but not scary... if I would hear the steps of the "master of that place" (for example) it could scare me, because I could feel like something is approaching me... or... I don't know... not just steps but something visually moving to me, throwing chairs (!!!) on it's way to me.

In conclusion. Absolutely unique CS. Surely the best. No matter it's not so scary. I love it as it is )))
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 02:32 AM by Alex Ros.)
11-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Website Find
lllDash Offline

(11-05-2012, 11:37 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: Everything's cool and nice. Enjoying my time playing your CS. Lots of very interesting moments. Puzzles are surely harder than at original Amnesia and that's a challenge!.. No bugs or crashes at all...
Spoiler below!
Only one complaint - I'm already at the graveyard - and last time I was scared was at the flooded basement. Since than scary events were predictable, which is sad. For example graveyard - well, it was scary to meet invisible ghost-monster. But the place itself - graveyard - made me think that something is going to happen here BEFORE it happened. If I met this monster somewhere else... earlier...

Or that big hall with the piece of orb behind the eagle statue. Well, when red lights turned on it was quite unexpected, but not scary... if I would hear the steps of the "master of that place" (for example) it could scare me, because I could feel like something is approaching me... or... I don't know... not just steps but something visually moving to me, throwing chairs (!!!) on it's way to me.

In conclusion. Absolutely unique CS. Surely the best. No matter it's not so scary. I love it as it is )))
Spoiler below!
The red lights are just there to set the mood. But as for everything else you've suggested; I'll reevaluate my methods of scare tactics and try to see if I can't improve on them.

11-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Spoiler below!
Well I've digged red piece of orb. Green piece is the only one left. It's unclear where to go next? All doors at the main hall with the elevator are opened, I mean all maps are visited... hmm.. should I check an already visited map? Looks like that. But it's unfunny to check all and everything once again blindly Smile

The only one door I remember, which I didn't open yet, is the one at the "red hall". I mean that door, which "says" that "maybe I could find a way to force it open?" I can't even imagine how to "force" it open and where is the "weak spot"...

Also I have a rusty key...

Little help would be nice Smile I think I'm not far from the end...
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 05:38 PM by Alex Ros.)
11-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Website Find
lllDash Offline

Spoiler below!
My apologies; If you've already been through the cemetery, that means you've already used the rusty key. It was supposed to be removed after it's been used the first time. Blush

The green shard is in the tower near the 4 eagles - the 4 eagle statues are pointing at where the shard is located....inside one of the suits of armor.
Wait a minute....You did not force the door open in the red hall? Huh ? Then....how did you unlock the door that leads to the cemetery?

11-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Spoiler below!
(11-06-2012, 10:53 PM)lllDash Wrote: My apologies; If you've already been through the cemetery, that means you've already used the rusty key. It was supposed to be removed after it's been used the first time. Blush

The green shard is in the tower near the 4 eagles - the 4 eagle statues are pointing at where the shard is located....inside one of the suits of armor.
Wait a minute....You did not force the door open in the red hall? Huh ? Then....how did you unlock the door that leads to the cemetery?
Oh, at the tower where 4 eagles are standing... it was too dark and I nearly died upthere just because of low sanity. So I had to leave that area real fast...

Well I don't remember for sure how particularly I got to cemetery... I think I placed the shard (the one that was hidden in the wall behind the eagle) down at the basement and than got back to the main hall - and the door to cemetery was just opened. That's it... well maybe I did something else in between, I'm not sure...

But how to force to open that door at the red hall? I'm curios what's behind it Smile What does it means "force to open"? I tried to beat it with a hammer, throwing chairs, tried that curvy knife... I tried all the "forces".

------
Added later...
Oh well I've finished that great Custom Story. The final is not disappointing, which I was afraid of, the final is just as great as the whole walkthrough. I do recommend to all and everybody to try Key to Freedom, you would not be disappointed! There's no stupid jump-scares, no naked bodies, no hordes of monsters roaming around... everything is very well-thought-out.

Spoiler below!
Very unexpected appearance of the monster when I got down the ladder after retrieving the key! But why it was so short? When I got up with the elevator I thought that the ghost will begin hunting me. But it didn't. I thought that the ghost will "close" all the doors and it will be next big task to find out how to escape with the key... hmm... I mean new maps or one single map, dedicated to escaping from a monster. It's up to you, but it would be real nice to have an expanded final part. Dramatically it feels like it have to be there. Some kind of labyrinth to walkthrough and escape.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 11:53 PM by Alex Ros.)
11-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Website Find