Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia - The Dark Descent - Castle Of Devastating Diseases
pil Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia - The Dark Descent - Castle Of Devastating Diseases

(10-22-2012, 09:00 AM)MatiaSika Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 02:09 AM)pil Wrote:
(10-18-2012, 11:13 AM)MatiaSika Wrote:
(10-18-2012, 01:40 AM)pil Wrote: Hello. I am enjoying the story so far. Here is my review

Spoiler below!

Story:I found it to be a good story so far.

Mapping: Overall the mapping seems pretty good. I didn't see any obvious glitching of like walls, doors, corners etc. As someone said previously, the large room was weird in the fact it only had a couple doors and the rest just space. I'm not too picky on stuff like that however for people who like to see consistent rooms, this might be something to improve on. You can put more stuff in it or have a purpose for it.

Lighting: Some areas can be improved for example the beginning hallway. I couldn't really see the floor or anything and I had to double check my video settings to see if it was something on my end. Other random places were a little dark and the pre-lit candles didn't light as much as they should I don't think. For example that one room where you had all the candles on the sides of the ledges.

Sound/Music:I thought it was good choice of ambient music and ambient scary sounds. For awhile I kept thinking that chain rattling was actually something happening, but then found out it was just an ambient sound. I could swear that the music in the dorms is from FEAR. It just sounds familiar. Anyways I think the sounds were good.

Atmosphere/Scares:Some of the rooms and scenes were scary when they were meant to be. Few random jump scares which is a good thing. This combined with the sounds made it pretty scary in some parts.

Gameplay:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b58FUAPeCfY

Remarks: Overall good so far. I am enjoying it so far. I think people already mentioned earlier about your pic in the post. Seems it wasn't too related to the topic and one can skip that room without impact (I think). Anyways in like part 3 or 4 I took care of the room as you will see. I am current stuck in the main hall area. I hit the button in the library area and I don't know what to do next. I may try to figure it out later or see if someone posts a hit.

Thanks very much for feedback. I try to learn from advices. Smile

And if you want help to your situation:

Spoiler below!
In Section 2 you can find crowbar from downstairs, with that you can open kitchens door.
Spoiler below!
Already found that. In part 4 you will see where I am stuck at.

Spoiler below!
In the dormitory, behind that locked door you will find the another key. You must break that window in other room with the chair.
Thanks. That helped. A minor problem I encountered and you will see in part 5.

10-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

Threads: 9

(10-24-2012, 01:10 AM)pil Wrote: Thanks. That helped. A minor problem I encountered and you will see in part 5.

Thanks very much for let's plays! Smile I think I can use links for your let's plays in here?

And about that chair.. Big Grin I was like *facepalm* when you grapped the chair from the other room.. Big Grin Not for you but for me. I forgot to script those chairs to smash the window.. Big Grin Both chair in the window room would have worked.

Follow me on twitter or like my page on facebook
10-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Website Find
pil Offline

(10-24-2012, 08:16 AM)MatiaSika Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 01:10 AM)pil Wrote: Thanks. That helped. A minor problem I encountered and you will see in part 5.

Thanks very much for let's plays! Smile I think I can use links for your let's plays in here?

And about that chair.. Big Grin I was like *facepalm* when you grapped the chair from the other room.. Big Grin Not for you but for me. I forgot to script those chairs to smash the window.. Big Grin Both chair in the window room would have worked.
Sure you can use the links

Spoiler below!
Yeah I didn't think it was chair specific either. Good thing I raged and threw the other chair.

10-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Find
iEppuux Offline

hohouh
11-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(11-12-2012, 06:22 PM)iEppuux Wrote: hohouh

umm?? Big Grin

11-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Website Find
Brutus Offline

It's a great cs! Try it out Smile
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
KansIan Offline

GREAT CS! Honestly man, I've played many custom stories, and yours is among my favorites! I especially like the innovations in scares/ dangers. A few scares are what some might call "cheap", but I honestly think those thrown in with good ones make for a better experience. Anyway, I made a let's play series of your CS.

Spoiler below!
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gJ2gHKzBro -Great Innovative scares!!!

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaB6gj5vZ48 -Best chase ever! fix that balcony though lol

Finale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6friRE3eoU -Good ending... i thought i read there were alternates though?

I loved playing through your CS and if you've made any more or are planning on making more let me know cuz I would love to play them!

...I think I'll leave this here:

01-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Find
Crafted Offline

Threads: 1

Castle of Devastating disease...

Hey MatiaSika, I just did an LP of this custom story and want to say things about this custom story! Smile

1- Like you said this map have secret rooms, I don't even know if I've gotten em or not, maybe I did or maybe I'm retarded who couldn't find secret rooms. Tongue
2- About the alternate ending... hmm... I guess I should play it again or something for the alternate ending. But tell me, which ending I've got? Was it alternative? Confused
3- I agree with you, like you said "Horrific atmosphere", I gotta admit it!
4- The detailed was absolutely detailed, should I say Extremely detailed? I liked everything, I haven't found any texture bugs or stuff bugs or anything related to bugs!
5- Puzzles doesn't seems to be that hard but I spend 9 minutes on solving the lever one.

Overall: 10/10
Reason: Not only just because it's a nice custom story or it has some nice placement or scripting, but because It has AWESOME story. I highly recommand this custom story to play, I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I did.

Here are my LP's w/facecam. Smile

02-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Website Find
MatiaSika Offline

(02-01-2013, 06:03 AM)TheCraftedPerson Wrote: Castle of Devastating disease...

Hey MatiaSika, I just did an LP of this custom story and want to say things about this custom story! Smile

1- Like you said this map have secret rooms, I don't even know if I've gotten em or not, maybe I did or maybe I'm retarded who couldn't find secret rooms. Tongue
2- About the alternate ending... hmm... I guess I should play it again or something for the alternate ending. But tell me, which ending I've got? Was it alternative? Confused
3- I agree with you, like you said "Horrific atmosphere", I gotta admit it!
4- The detailed was absolutely detailed, should I say Extremely detailed? I liked everything, I haven't found any texture bugs or stuff bugs or anything related to bugs!
5- Puzzles doesn't seems to be that hard but I spend 9 minutes on solving the lever one.

Overall: 10/10
Reason: Not only just because it's a nice custom story or it has some nice placement or scripting, but because It has AWESOME story. I highly recommand this custom story to play, I hope you'll enjoy this as much as I did.

Here are my LP's w/facecam. Smile

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! : )
Well, I answer to your guestions after i have watched your videos! Be right back!

02-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Website Find
Crafted Offline

Threads: 1

Alright! Smile

02-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Website Find