Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Rant Thread
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Rant Thread

(11-02-2012, 11:19 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Btw why do you keep resizing your sweetie belle?

I was planning to change it to Apple Bloom in a karate suit from "Call of the Cutie" but I didn't find anyone I liked, so I made a google search and found this Sweetie Belle, but in a different size.

I don't get why people take old operas like Lohengrin and The Magic Flute and put them in a modern setting.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
11-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: I don't get why people take old operas like Lohengrin and The Magic Flute and put them in a modern setting.
Or Romeo and Juliet.

Not Dicaprio's best film. XD

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
11-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I don't like Shakespeare in general. He sucks. A lot.

[Image: p229xcq]
11-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

The individuals that I know who like Shakespeare are those who enjoy reading stories about interactions between people. Personally, I prefer reading novels with overarching moral or philosophical themes, which means Hamlet is the only one of Shakespeare's plays that I would ever consider to be decent.

11-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

I honestly couldn't get anything that he was saying. They guy literally made up a language.

I had to watch Hamlet twice in highschool and once in college before I got the gist of what was going on.

11-04-2012, 02:59 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

I was into Hamlet for the Ham/Hor slash.

11-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Oh yeah, I ate a bunch of carbs because I was going to do a big run today and then it started getting stormy so I couldn't do that. So now I have a bunch of carbs in my belly and I'm trying to lose weight. I have two days to lose 10 pounds or my Recruiter is going to yell at me. Yay.

11-04-2012, 03:14 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

AAAARRRGH - Rant Thread I need youuu!

Now I don't know if you guys know DHL. Its a post service. And they have this theoretically really practical solution of package stations, where you can go and get your packages with a card and PIN instead of having them sent to your home. Its really nice fo people like me, who are rarely at home when the postman comes.
Only NOW they've apparently replaced their CEOs with a band of rabid chimpanzees, because for some reason they thought that the perfectly fine card/ PIN system wasn't safe enough and thus indroduced a SMS-TAN system instead. A system that doesn't work. As in, thousands of people simply didn't get their SMS TANs. Like me. And if that happens to you, then you get an email from them, telling you to call a service number. A number that doesn't work either. Because it has "technical problems".

So to make things short, there's a package lieing around in a package station right in front of my house and I can't get it because they are too stupid to send me a simple number via SMS. And not only that, but they keep pestering me with E-Mails, because I didn't call the service number. THE NUMBER THAT DOESN'T WORK.

...*sigh* I don't expect you guys to read through all of this. But I feel a bit better now.
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Hirnwirbel Wrote:...*sigh* I don't expect you guys to read through all of this. But I feel a bit better now.
Meh, I'm sure everyone here has been through much MUCH longer texts Smile

Anyways...holy damn, couldn't you call something like a central customer service number for DHL rather than that specific one which doesn't work?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM by Kreekakon.)
11-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Nah those ones are always busy too...

BUT, something good happened just a few minutes ago! I stumbled upon a thread on amazon where dozens of people were complaining about the same problem. Turns out, one of them complained to BILD, Germany's big tabloid newspaper.
Who - being the pack of sensationalist assholes that they are - threatened to turn it into a big, nasty story. Which in turn caused one of the chefs at DHL to give the complaining lady his mail adress so he could help her personally with her problem... an adress she immediately made publicly available in said thread. Big Grin

So I mailed him and - holy shit - he mailed me back almost immediately, being all nice and giving me my number! o.o I have to say that kinda takes the wind out of my sails now. Huh. I mean I'm really happy of course but... I wanted to rant some more Sad
11-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Find