Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Modelviewer shows only 1/3 textures... Can't find the problem.
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Modelviewer shows only 1/3 textures... Can't find the problem.

(11-08-2012, 05:13 PM)The chaser Wrote: How much tris does it have?
just... 603. y_y
That was my failed "lowpoly"-try XD
I first had something like 136, but I hate modelling without much detail... I'm more the highpoly-guy ^^

@hirnwirbel, yeah, but i was too lazy to export the layout, edit the texture, reimport it and map it the right way... Maybe that would be the easiest solution.

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012, 07:13 PM by johnbox.)
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(11-08-2012, 07:09 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 07:00 PM)The chaser Wrote: The servant grunt has the hair material and the body material. HPL2 must support several materials.

The hair and body are separate meshes.
Didn't know that.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-08-2012, 07:11 PM)johnbox Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 05:13 PM)The chaser Wrote: How much tris does it have?
just... 603. y_y
That was my failed "lowpoly"-try XD
I first had something like 136, but I hate modelling without much detail... I'm more the highpoly-guy ^^
There aren't even 600 polygons in the pillars and walls. This really needs to be fixed. Don't be lazy =\ That's bad practice.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2012, 11:59 PM by Statyk.)
11-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: I'm more the highpoly-guy ^^
That's okay, but 603 tris isn't highpoly - its a mid-poly (in relation to the size of the object) that can't really be used for anything. Its not detailled enough to serve as a normal map bake and has too many polys for a proper lowpoly. Well...okay since this is such a tiny object it could maybe be used for a bake...but you know what I mean!

So if you want to make highpoly make it HIGHpoly. Ram up the turbo smooth. Throw all details in there that you can think of. Sculpt it, if you have the program for it and it makes sense. And then when you make the lowpoly, make it LOW. Throw out every triangle that you don't absolutely need. It takes some practise, but after a while you'll know what kind of details need polygons and what can be just as well depicted by the normal map.

In any case, don't float around in the middle. High or Low - but nothing inbetween Wink

(Well, unless its a basemesh... aaaaaah stop, stop, I'm rambling again >.<)
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012, 03:11 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

(11-09-2012, 03:09 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I'm more the highpoly-guy ^^
That's okay, but 603 tris isn't highpoly - its a mid-poly (in relation to the size of the object) that can't really be used for anything. Its not detailled enough to serve as a normal map bake and has too many polys for a proper lowpoly. Well...okay since this is such a tiny object it could maybe be used for a bake...but you know what I mean!

So if you want to make highpoly make it HIGHpoly. Ram up the turbo smooth. Throw all details in there that you can think of. Sculpt it, if you have the program for it and it makes sense. And then when you make the lowpoly, make it LOW. Throw out every triangle that you don't absolutely need. It takes some practise, but after a while you'll know what kind of details need polygons and what can be just as well depicted by the normal map.

In any case, don't float around in the middle. High or Low - but nothing inbetween ;)

(Well, unless its a basemesh... aaaaaah stop, stop, I'm rambling again >.<)
mmh... yeah, but this case was a bit different, I WANTED to make a lowpoly, but while I made it, I wasn't happy about it, so I started adding a few details... without getting to high. Well, yeah, that brought me into this "mid-lvl" ._.

Well, I'll try making some other REAL lowpoly-models... I'm relative new to gamedesign, so I never really thought about polygon counts, because usually it doesn't matter that much, if you render an animation, it will take years anyway.

Thanks for your replies ! :)

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012, 05:36 PM by johnbox.)
11-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Find