Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to add more Key functions?
Southlaguna Offline

Threads: 21
Is it possible to add more Key functions?

So i have searched and searched and i dont know if im the first to attempt this, but is their a way to add more key functions in amnesia? Im trying to add an Infared vision function to my custom story and i want to add a button so that you can toggle it like the lantern. I dont want to remove any of the keys the game has already in it so if anyone could let me know if this is even possible let me know.

10-19-2012, 03:33 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Is it possible to add more Key functions?

No it is not possible to add key functions unless you have the source code. Which of course is not available to the public. You have to apply it creatively to a key already provided, such as the lantern.
10-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Find
Southlaguna Offline

Threads: 21

Okay thanks for saving my time lol. Follow up question then, if i was to remove the hands and the lantern from the screen and replaced it with a screen color change and gobo, would i have to make the mod full conversion? Like is it absolutly necessary or could i just back up my game.cfg file and models folder and reset it when i want to.

10-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-19-2012, 03:55 AM)Southlaguna Wrote: Okay thanks for saving my time lol. Follow up question then, if i was to remove the hands and the lantern from the screen and replaced it with a screen color change and gobo, would i have to make the mod full conversion? Like is it absolutly necessary or could i just back up my game.cfg file and models folder and reset it when i want to.
If you're playing it for yourself, you can alter the files yourself. However, in most cases when you would want to release your story to the public you would have to make a full conversion, because the general audience aren't going to go through so much trouble replacing their old files with your new lantern.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3

You could edit the hand and lantern so the hands don't show up and remove the lantern model from the hand_object and change the color of the attached pointlight. If you press f now, your "night vision" activates and no lantern shows up.
Of course you need to make a full conversion.

[Image: 18694.png]
10-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Find