Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

HPL1 Engine - angelscript.h header missing
DrunkenIrishman Offline

Threads: 1
HPL1 Engine - angelscript.h header missing

Hello,

*Apologies if this has been asked already, I did search but I was unable to find it*

I am trying to get a test level up and running in the HPL1 engine, but I keep getting this error (will post it shortly)
I have the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 installed, and am using CodeBlocks as my IDE, and it loads up HPL.vcproj fine, with all headers/source folders etc. showing, however when I try to build it goes fine for a few minutes, then says it is unable to locate include/system/angelscript.h

I looked into the main code and saw it said include "include/system/angelscript.h" however when I looked in that directory it was missing. I also checked the Frictional Games github repositry, and it was missing from that one too.

Any idea what the problem is? Is it safe to remove that line or is it required?

Thank you,

KF
10-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
RE: HPL1 Engine - angelscript.h header missing

You forgot to download the dependencies.zip

https://github.com/FrictionalGames/Penum...To-Compile

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
10-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Website Find
DrunkenIrishman Offline

(10-23-2012, 01:40 AM)Urkle Wrote: You forgot to download the dependencies.zip

Does the engine code require the Penumbra Overture source code as well?

I could not see a link to the dependancies, is it there or is it a third party download?

EDIT: Ok, nevermind I found the dependencies on ModDB, however the Read Me did not have instructions to use them, so I assume the two folders (include and lib) was just supposed to be copied into the HPL Engine directory?
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM by DrunkenIrishman.)
10-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Find
DrunkenIrishman Offline

(10-23-2012, 01:40 AM)Urkle Wrote: You forgot to download the dependencies.zip

When I put the dependencies in the folder it gets rid of that error, but then it has another, that it can't find the headers, even though they are definately there.

This is the error:

c:\HPL Engine\HPL Engine\sources\ai\AI.cpp|19|fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ai/AI.h': No such file or directory|

Any idea what I need to do? thanks
10-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

I would start by verifying the include path defined in the project and make sure it correctly points to the HPL Engine\includes folder.. Most likely your issue is caused by the spaces in your directory names. I would actually try removing the spaces and try again.

10-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Website Find
DrunkenIrishman Offline

(10-29-2012, 09:10 PM)Urkle Wrote: I would start by verifying the include path defined in the project and make sure it correctly points to the HPL Engine\includes folder.. Most likely your issue is caused by the spaces in your directory names. I would actually try removing the spaces and try again.
I changed it to C:\HPLEngine\HPLEngine and reopened it but it still has the errors - although it could still think it is HPL Engine, I'm not quite sure how the program works. Do you know how to verify the paths?
11-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

These are more Visual C++ issues. (which I do not use myself.. only OS X and Linux on my systems). There should be a section in Visual studio that has full log output of the compilation which will list the full command line args passed to the computer.. You should be able to check there to see what include paths it's specifying.. I'd check up on stackoverflow or other Visual studio specific forums for information on learning how to use visual studio.

11-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Website Find
DrunkenIrishman Offline

(11-01-2012, 03:50 AM)Urkle Wrote: These are more Visual C++ issues. (which I do not use myself.. only OS X and Linux on my systems). There should be a section in Visual studio that has full log output of the compilation which will list the full command line args passed to the computer.. You should be able to check there to see what include paths it's specifying.. I'd check up on stackoverflow or other Visual studio specific forums for information on learning how to use visual studio.
Perhaps that is my problem - I am using CodeBlocks (a C++ IDE) and using VC++ 2003 Toolkit for my compiler.

What do you use for a Linux compiler? Once my hard drive arrives I am going to start using my Linux laptop I recently fixed.
11-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Linux uses pure cmake. (which could be easily modified to build proj files for windows and mac, but I never got around to it). It is a known issue that penumbra does have some issues on newer GCC compilers.. It has been officially tested against GCC 4.0.1 and GCC 4.1.2, and pretty soon I'll be working against GCC 4.2 as I refresh the mac build.

11-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Website Find
DrunkenIrishman Offline

(11-02-2012, 11:31 PM)Urkle Wrote: Linux uses pure cmake. (which could be easily modified to build proj files for windows and mac, but I never got around to it). It is a known issue that penumbra does have some issues on newer GCC compilers.. It has been officially tested against GCC 4.0.1 and GCC 4.1.2, and pretty soon I'll be working against GCC 4.2 as I refresh the mac build.
Ok, so I got my Linux PC running, I got Xubuntu on it, is that okay for this? Only trouble is when I try to cmake it it gives me an error about not finding something, I attached the error it gives, Thanks

Attached Files
.txt   error.txt (Size: 753 bytes / Downloads: 206)
11-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Find