Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom content location
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Custom content location

Simple. The white_night is a folder in the entities or static_objects folder, and the level editor finds every folder that is in the entities, billboards or static_object, etc.

As far as you have it in the correct folder, everything should go fine.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Why make your work more difficult by placing them in the standard content directories just to save yourself a few clicks in the level editor?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Website Find
craven7 Offline

Threads: 8

i don't get it...

I have my custom shelf in the standard directory (amnesia the dark descent\entities\gameplay\shelf_secret_door\myShelf.ent).

I also have it in my CS folder (amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\story\entities\gameplay\shelf_secret_door\myshelf.ent)

I place it in the LE by selecting it in the "gameplay" folder. If now I delete the .ent from the standardfolder (amnesia the dark descent\entities\gameplay\shelf_secret_door\myShelf.ent) it doesn't show up ingame, which means that if I give my CS to someone else, it won't show up.
10-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

You first place it in your map. Clik it and go where you can select what entity it is. It's the button [..]
Now go to your custom story and select it. From there on, you can just Ctrl+D it

Trying is the first step to success.
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Find
craven7 Offline

Threads: 8

Thanks, that did it.

Quote: You first place it in your map. Clik it and go where you can select what entity it is. It's the button [..]

Now go to your custom story and select it. From there on, you can just Ctrl+D it
How about custom SNTs that are played by script?
10-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Custom .snt files? just call their name. The game should be able to find it. Otherwise call "[CUSTOMSTORYNAME]/[SOUNDFILENAME].snt... if that doesn't work, try:
../[CUSTOMSTORYNAME]/[SOUNDFILENAME].snt

Trying is the first step to success.
10-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Find