Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Gas mask bug
tjockblock Offline

Threads: 1
Gas mask bug

So, the first time i used the gas mask, to get through to the computer terminal, it worked as intended. But i noticed the Gas Mask gone after a while. So when i was going though the other place needing a gas mask (the place where you need to change pipes) i couldn´t get through. Checked walkthroughs everywhere, but it says i should have a gas mask there >:

Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it ?
03-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Gas mask bug

Oh my God! You've got a bug in your gas mask!? GET IT OUT!
(I have no clue. The mask is not supposed to go away until.. never. You keep it 'til the end of the game as far as I know.)

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

tjockblock:
Not sure when it is supposed to disappear. The gas mask is needed to enter the machine room and the computer terminal, is that what you mean?

Any idea when the mask disappeared? Are u sure it is not in the inventory?
03-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Find
tjockblock Offline

Thomas Wrote:tjockblock:
Not sure when it is supposed to disappear. The gas mask is needed to enter the machine room and the computer terminal, is that what you mean?

Any idea when the mask disappeared? Are u sure it is not in the inventory?

The walkthrough says:

"Chemical Room:
Put on the gas mask, use a rock to break the rusty pipes, replace the pipes with the good ones scattered around the room go into the airlock"

So im kind of stuck, i guess i didn´t notice the gas mask gone until i were there. But im 100 % sure its not in my inventory. If anyone maybe had a savegame i could use?
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I suggest you return to an earlier autosaves, they are quite frequent.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

I can add the gasmask to your save, post your latest save file here.

I remember I had the saw from Overture dissapear in my inventory once; devs threw it away as an 'april fools joke'.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-10-2008, 03:33 AM
Find
tjockblock Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:I can add the gasmask to your save, post your latest save file here.

I remember I had the saw from Overture dissapear in my inventory once; devs threw it away as an 'april fools joke'.

Okay, heres my newest savegame. I checked through every autosave, but found no gasmask in them either.
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Find
Fatbaticus Offline

Threads: 16

tjockblock Wrote:
WindexGlow Wrote:I can add the gasmask to your save, post your latest save file here.

Okay, heres my newest savegame. I checked through every autosave, but found no gasmask in them either.

I think you should restart, because of the gas mask. Start from the beginning and then you well you know what to do. But remember try to get the gas mask or make sure it doesn't disapear from your inventory but remember also that you know all the puzzles! Have luck with you!
03-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

TJ; I am having trouble adding the gasmask to the inventory for some mudane reason.

I however can easily simply add the gasmask to the level. This would require you to start at an earlier save (basically before you enter that level) and the gasmask would be sitting on the floor.

Sorry for the long wait!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Find
tjockblock Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:TJ; I am having trouble adding the gasmask to the inventory for some mudane reason.

I however can easily simply add the gasmask to the level. This would require you to start at an earlier save (basically before you enter that level) and the gasmask would be sitting on the floor.

Sorry for the long wait!

Aight, i´ll do that. Thanks for helping out btw Wink Brb with a savegame.

Edit: I found a way to ignore using the gas mask. I went in quick, threw a brick at the gas pipes, went out to get the fixed pipe and put it in. Voila, tho i had to use one painkiller, but thats np Wink
03-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Find