Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an entity
ZodiaC Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Making an entity

(10-28-2012, 01:13 AM)MrDosht Wrote: Hmm, now it doesn't appear in the billboards folder D:
EDIT: Fixed it! I gave it the wrong name, thanks you very much for all your help! I had no idea it would be this confusing to do something that i thought would be simple, but now it's done! And i have one last question, if i delete the model of the grunt and replace it with the billboard of the pedobear, will it retain all of its original value such as runspeed etc. ? My FINAL question Big Grin
Firstly: It was not that confusing...You had that problem because..Some pictures seems to have some kind of problem...It wasn't your fault.So if you encounter the same problem just try to find the same picture from another source or by changing it's extention to something else or changing sizes may fix the problem(Not always)!
Now your final question seems pretty interesting...I'm not sure if it works that way But I have never tried that so I can't say for sure...I will try that tomorrow(actually it's already today)...But i think you can just make it as enemy (not sure for this either)
By the way you can you can ask as many question as you want...After all that's the point of this Sub Forum.
And again your welcome! Big Grin

[Image: 2H1Mc.jpg]
10-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Find
MrDosht Offline

Excellent! In which case I have another question, I managed to get the billboard into the model viewer and, even though it's upside down, get it into the game. The only problem is the billboard is separate from the water monster and is positioned precisely in the middle of the map D: how do I attach it to the water monster?

"Computers follow your orders not your intentions"- Anon
10-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(10-28-2012, 03:52 PM)MrDosht Wrote: Excellent! In which case I have another question, I managed to get the billboard into the model viewer and, even though it's upside down, get it into the game. The only problem is the billboard is separate from the water monster and is positioned precisely in the middle of the map D: how do I attach it to the water monster?
In the model editor, in Outline, attach the billboard to the monster.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Find
MrDosht Offline

(10-28-2012, 04:52 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 03:52 PM)MrDosht Wrote: Excellent! In which case I have another question, I managed to get the billboard into the model viewer and, even though it's upside down, get it into the game. The only problem is the billboard is separate from the water monster and is positioned precisely in the middle of the map D: how do I attach it to the water monster?
How do I do that? I open the outline thing and the objects come up: waterlurker and pedobear. How do I attach them to each other? When I double click them nothing happens...

10-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(10-28-2012, 08:44 PM)MrDosht Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 04:52 PM)The chaser Wrote:
How do I do that? I open the outline thing and the objects come up: waterlurker and pedobear. How do I attach them to each other? When I double click them nothing happens...
Er... then, with script, attach the billboard to the waterlurker.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Looking at White Night's Firelurker, it looks like he put the Waterlurker Sphere into a 3D modelling program and attached a joint to it. He then attached all sounds/particles/billboards to said joint. Perhaps you should do that.
10-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Find
ZodiaC Offline

As Statyk said you need to create a bone for the water lurker and only then you can attach the billboard...As for the other enemies you don't have to create any bones to attach billboards cause they already have.
Or maybe you could attach the billboard to water lurker with a light!

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2012, 10:12 PM by ZodiaC.)
10-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Find
MrDosht Offline

I looked at dark rooms pedobear file and it appears that he has attached the billboard (the right way up -_-) to the waterlurker with a bone. So thanks Statyk for pointing me in the right direction, but how do I actually create a bone? all I can find are joints D:

10-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Find
ZodiaC Offline

(10-29-2012, 11:02 PM)MrDosht Wrote: I looked at dark rooms pedobear file and it appears that he has attached the billboard (the right way up -_-) to the waterlurker with a bone. So thanks Statyk for pointing me in the right direction, but how do I actually create a bone? all I can find are joints D:
Why don't you try with point light?

10-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

In any modelling program (like blender) open the waterlurker .dae and put a single bone.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
10-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Find