Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Story Discussion
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Story Discussion

@Corinthian: He probably uses his... joystick...

Though, the "power" in that thing leaves something to be desired.

Anyone know how the brute got into the morgue? I don't think they can climb ladders.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 05:54 PM by Ghieri.)
10-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Quote:@Corinthian: He probably uses his... joystick...
failedALIAS will approve.
Quote:Though, the "power" in that thing leaves something to be desired.
failedALIAS won't approve.
Quote:Anyone know how the brute got into the morgue? I don't think they can climb ladders.
Magic!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 06:31 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
10-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(10-26-2012, 05:53 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: @Corinthian: He probably uses his... joystick...

Though, the "power" in that thing leaves something to be desired.

Anyone know how the brute got into the morgue? I don't think they can climb ladders.
How about that man, who went mad? Could be him, wandering around. Also, there were quite a lot of dead people in there. If the mutation is some sort of zombie-thing and it takes a bit of time to mutate, then a dead man could've been mutated while Daniel was wondering around, the brute heard him, and got mad, because it once was his private stuff... Examinating dead bodies apparently

Trying is the first step to success.
10-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Well if im not mistaken, the brute is the one with chains, lots of steel and a blade. So i dont think a human could mutate and suddenly grow a blade on his arm.

But then again i dont see why brute couldn't climb the ladder. He almost has the same human body structure, and you really don't have to be smart to do it.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(10-26-2012, 10:41 PM)DogFood Wrote: Well if im not mistaken, the brute is the one with chains, lots of steel and a blade. So i dont think a human could mutate and suddenly grow a blade on his arm.

But then again i dont see why brute couldn't climb the ladder. He almost has the same human body structure, and you really don't have to be smart to do it.
He could've ran into some metal stuff on the way, accidently shoven a blade into his arm, and then fall into metal scraps... This would both piss him off and explain the metal Tongue

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 10:48 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
10-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

What about Daniel's sanity? Maybe these Gatherers aren't horribly disfigured, but Daniel sees them as such? However, the fact that Alexander is from another realm doesn't help to support this theory.

Maybe he uses his powers to keep the corpses alive? This could explain why when Alexander dies in Daniel's ending, he can leave the castle without being attacked. Then again, Daniel could be being protected by the Shadow, as evidenced by the red aura around him.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

hmm, well remember the wine cellar ? When those people are getting transformed into servants they do say "I feel like my chest is going to burst" which means they did go over some kind of physical transform.

Also, remember the torture saw room ? There's a picture displaying the process and theres the victim and 2 servants sawing him off, and if you look closely those two servants both have claws just like the ones daniel actually see's with his own eyes. Or could that be just daniel's hallucination again ?

IMO, i don't think his sanity would be THAT bad.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(10-26-2012, 11:03 PM)DogFood Wrote: hmm, well remember the wine cellar ? When those people are getting transformed into servants they do say "I feel like my chest is going to burst" which means they did go over some kind of physical transform.

Also, remember the torture saw room ? There's a picture displaying the process and theres the victim and 2 servants sawing him off, and if you look closely those two servants both have claws just like the ones daniel actually see's with his own eyes. Or could that be just daniel's hallucination again ?

IMO, i don't think his sanity would be THAT bad.
His sanity transforms a fine-looking old man portrait into a horrifying creature, with open mouth, no teeth, no lips, no eyeballs, and orange skin.

(10-26-2012, 11:03 PM)Zaffre Wrote: This could explain why when Alexander dies in Daniel's ending, he can leave the castle without being attacked. Then again, Daniel could be being protected by the Shadow, as evidenced by the red aura around him.
Both Daniel and Alexander have had their hands on the orb. Must be why they can "connect" with each other through their minds. That also explains why the shadow takes down Alexander, because he must've been the first to touch the orb

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 11:13 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
10-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

good point Wink still though, what about the wine cellar part.

10-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(10-26-2012, 11:13 PM)DogFood Wrote: good point Wink still though, what about the wine cellar part.
I always believed the wine had been poisoned to kill Wilhelm and his men. If the transformation had failed they would have been able to get out and warn the village of Aldstaht and therefore alert the Black Eagle of what Alexander was doing.

DogFood Wrote:IMO, i don't think his sanity would be THAT bad.
You have to remember that Daniel has nyctophobia, which is an intense fear of the darkness. Since most of the castle has a heavy darkness in it, he's probably terrified out of his wits. Also remember that he's shaken up because of the Shadow killing everyone in contact with the orb. Those two combined would make Daniel's mental condition extremely fragile; he couldn't tell what is real and what is not.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Find