Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a storywriter
Magasztos Offline

Threads: 21
Looking for a storywriter

Hi, I'm a pretty good level designer and not bad at scripting either but I have 1 big problem...I suck at stories and writing so I was wondering if someone could help me write a story for my custom story

Thanks

~The Hulk is always greener on the other side~
10-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Looking for a storywriter

(10-26-2012, 02:37 PM)Magasztos Wrote: Hi, I'm a pretty good level designer and not bad at scripting either but I have 1 big problem...I suck at stories and writing so I was wondering if someone could help me write a story for my custom story

Thanks
You have to give some sort of input first on what sort of story you would like; theme, setting, atmosphere, etc.
It gives the ones who might consider writing you a story get some insight in what universe they can create for your mod.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
10-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Find
Magasztos Offline

(10-26-2012, 03:33 PM)Mine Turtle Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 02:37 PM)Magasztos Wrote: Hi, I'm a pretty good level designer and not bad at scripting either but I have 1 big problem...I suck at stories and writing so I was wondering if someone could help me write a story for my custom story

Thanks

You have to give some sort of input first on what sort of story you would like; theme, setting, atmosphere, etc.

It gives the ones who might consider writing you a story get some insight in what universe they can create for your mod.

Thanks for telling me that I'm still a bit new to to this...

And my CS is built to be near medieval times but also features complex machinery and seemingly supernatural things but also chemicals that need to be combined...
to be perfectly honest I am having trouble describing my CS so this may be really vague :$

10-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-26-2012, 03:45 PM)Magasztos Wrote: And my CS is built to be near medieval times but also features complex machinery and seemingly supernatural things but also chemicals that need to be combined...
to be perfectly honest I am having trouble describing my CS so this may be really vague :$
. . . Sounds like a really rough explanation for the first few levels in Amnesia.
10-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
Magasztos Offline

(10-26-2012, 10:19 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 03:45 PM)Magasztos Wrote: And my CS is built to be near medieval times but also features complex machinery and seemingly supernatural things but also chemicals that need to be combined...

. . . Sounds like a really rough explanation for the first few levels in Amnesia.

Be that as it may, I only ask for someone to come up with a basic concept of a story

10-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

Google horror story tips or something. Make your own stuff.

Try to make a story where you feel connected with the main character, that can be done by emotional events or something... dramatic stuff.

Most of the ideas I have are written immidiately in a small notebook I always keep in one of my pockets, so I won't forget them.

Good luck bro! These are all the tips I can give. Just let the creativity flow and it will be aight.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2012, 02:24 AM by Melvin.)
10-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Website Find
Magasztos Offline

(10-27-2012, 02:23 AM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: Google horror story tips or something. Make your own stuff.

Try to make a story where you feel connected with the main character, that can be done by emotional events or something... dramatic stuff.

Most of the ideas I have are written immidiately in a small notebook I always keep in one of my pockets, so I won't forget them.

Good luck bro! These are all the tips I can give. Just let the creativity flow and it will be aight.

Thanks this really helps a lot Tongue

10-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Find
LoneWolfGen Offline

Threads: 2

Hi there.

I know this was posted a little while ago, but if you're still interested in an idea for a custom story, just PM me. Thanks!

LoneWolfGen (Josh Demon)

"Now leave me alone, I am off to destroy your brother!" - Christopher Titus
11-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Find