Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Buying Penumbra 75% off
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
Buying Penumbra 75% off

Hello guys!
Since Penumbra was 75% off, i though "Hey, i should get it!"
But i see now, that when I have to buy it, i have to fill in my address?
Does this mean that I am getting a CD sent to me? Or do they just need it for some reason?
I'd like to download it right away, since i guess sending a CD from Sweden to Denmark is going to cost me a little more.
So how does this work? Can i download it directly, like on steam?
or?

Trying is the first step to success.
10-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Buying Penumbra 75% off

(10-26-2012, 06:57 PM)beecake Wrote: Hello guys!
Since Penumbra was 75% off, i though "Hey, i should get it!"
But i see now, that when I have to buy it, i have to fill in my address?
Does this mean that I am getting a CD sent to me? Or do they just need it for some reason?
I'd like to download it right away, since i guess sending a CD from Sweden to Denmark is going to cost me a little more.
So how does this work? Can i download it directly, like on steam?
or?
It's a digital download. I just bought the Penumbra collection about an hour ago. That's just billing information, so on receipts, you know it's YOU who put in the billing info/bought the product. An email will be sent and you have to input the order code in the email to download the game. From there, you just unpack the .zip and run the installer. =]
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 07:01 PM by Statyk.)
10-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

That is awesome! Thank you for the quick respond! I can't wait to play a new horror game. I've been too fixated on Amnesia Smile

Just gotta wait until my little sister has went to bed Tongue

EDIT: Downloading!!! Omgiamsoexcited.jpg!!!

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 07:13 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
10-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

You won't regret it. Even though Amnesia is a lot more creepier and disturbing, I just think that Penumbra scared me more. For one, I had really bad experiences with dogs as a kid which made it all the worse. I dreaded hearing a dog and I didn't even fight them because I was too terrified. Black Plague wasn't all that bad, but that
Spoiler below!
dog hallucination in the Kennel
scared the hell out of me and I was unable to continue for several days.

Requiem is more of a puzzle game than a horror game, and I never completed it. However, I hope you enjoy!

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-26-2012, 10:47 PM)Zaffre Wrote: You won't regret it. Even though Amnesia is a lot more creepier and disturbing, I just think that Penumbra scared me more. For one, I had really bad experiences with dogs as a kid which made it all the worse. I dreaded hearing a dog and I didn't even fight them because I was too terrified. Black Plague wasn't all that bad, but that
Spoiler below!
dog hallucination in the Kennel
scared the hell out of me and I was unable to continue for several days.

Requiem is more of a puzzle game than a horror game, and I never completed it. However, I hope you enjoy!

Spoiler below!

I have a bit of a fear for 4 legged beasts, so when I played Overture, I screamed like a bitch... It was horrible when I first heard the dog howl in the caves. In Black Plague (First one I played. I didn't know how the sequels flowed...), the Kennel was a nightmare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6P_0VKWua8
7:17 is a highlight... I honestly froze up and couldn't scream because I was panicking so hard.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 11:25 PM by Statyk.)
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(10-26-2012, 11:23 PM)Statyk Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I have a bit of a fear for 4 legged beasts, so when I played Overture, I screamed like a bitch... It was horrible when I first heard the dog howl in the caves. In Black Plague (First one I played. I didn't know how the sequels flowed...), the Kennel was a nightmare...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6P_0VKWua8
7:17 is a highlight... I honestly froze up and couldn't scream because I was panicking so hard.

Honestly, you sounded like you were doing everything to keep that scream in.

I know that feel myself. Revisited it yesterday.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Website Find
PrinceCola Offline

Threads: 8

This is seriously a steal. So cheap i could buy them again just to get them on Steam Tongue

EDIT: I'm actually planning to play through them again...even if i have to play in daylight o.0
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 08:21 PM by PrinceCola.)
10-31-2012, 08:20 PM
Find