Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Geany HPL2 Support Pack, Release 1
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
Big Grin  Geany HPL2 Support Pack, Release 1

Happy Halloween, everyone! Smile

I've got news for all of you: How does "No more typo/syntax errors!" sound? Good?

Well, for those of you who are using the Geany editor (instead of Notepad++) to make stories: If you are using Geany 1.22 (which is currently the latest version) then I've made a HPL2 support pack for you, containing custom filetypes (including AngelScript support) with all the keywords in Amnesia, and also a custom-taylored color scheme called My Cthulhu. If you make a typo or syntax error, this pack will catch it as you type it!

It should be all you need to start creating stories with Geany, so consider mentioning and linking the archive to this page:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...text/geany

Edit: I'm currently improving the pack in some minor ways. (I'm writing better scheme documentation, correcting a few typos, and removing a color definition that made some JavaScript keywords red for no reason. Once it's uploaded (perhaps in a few weeks) you should not need to re-download it if you're only making custom stories.)

Edit: Attached a picture of how the colorscheme looks with a HP script. HP scripts don't have as much error handling as with a lang or a cfg, because you can name functions anything.

Attached Files
.zip   HPL2 Support Pack.zip (Size: 19.94 KB / Downloads: 157)
.png   MyCthulhuExampleHPS.png (Size: 44.35 KB / Downloads: 154)

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012, 04:22 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Geany HPL2 Support Pack, Release 1

You're back! So good to see you! Big Grin

These things happened while you were gone:

1. Statyk became a moderator.

2. Fifty Shades of Orb was created.

3. Random Stuff was created.

4. "The Attic: Chapter Three" turned into a massive flamewar.

Great pack! Even though I don't use Geany. Tongue

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2012, 08:05 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
10-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(10-28-2012, 08:02 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: You're back! So good to see you! Big Grin

These things happened while you were gone:

1. Statyk became a moderator.

2. Fifty Shades of Orb was created.

3. Random Stuff was created.

4. "The Attic: Chapter Three" turned into a massive flamewar.
Great pack! Even though I don't use Geany. Tongue
I'll look into these things, but I'm just popping in for a brief visit really. Some day I hope to return, maybe coinciding with the release of A Machine For Pigs, but nowadays it's all Javascript for me.

10-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Miss ya buddeh!

10-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(10-29-2012, 03:34 AM)Statyk Wrote: Miss ya buddeh!

It's easy to become attached to a forum - any forum, really. It's easy to find a social circle of friends, who share your opinions on movies and games and what-have-you,
BUT
in my opinion, you come to a developers forum to develop and work. You should never lose sight of that, because if you lose sight of that, you will end up spending your time involved in forum user social drama instead of developing your custom story. Usually hours and days will fly by while you're scouring your "personal hangout" for social interaction. In the end you might even get banned for picking a passionate fight with someone popular, because they liked the wrong movie, and lose out on future development help because of it. That's understandable on social sites, because social sites are meant to be nuts that way, but at development sites, there's always going to be my mental image of an intended player of my story, who is not actually playing my story, crickets chirping in the background, as he wonders what's keeping the story.
I miss you guys, but is that really a positive thing? I also miss trying to create stories, but there's also all this other stuff in my life that has to come first.

Take care.

10-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

We love you Cranky!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
10-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
LulleBulle Offline

Threads: 33

I couldn't get the colourpack to work. Haven't check wether or not the typo/syntax check works but I'll come back with feedback later !
10-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(10-31-2012, 11:37 AM)LulleBulle Wrote: I couldn't get the colourpack to work. Haven't check wether or not the typo/syntax check works but I'll come back with feedback later !
It's odd if you couldn't get the colorscheme to work *at all*. My worries has been whether or not every color will be right or not.

The "check" is a combination of the old tag system, and new keyword lists in each new filetype. If you don't write one of the keywords/settings, it should change color to something else. If you use My Cthulhu, it will change color to either orange (warning) or red (serious error).

10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-31-2012, 11:39 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: The "check" is a combination of the old tag system, and new keyword lists in each new filetype. If you don't write one of the keywords/settings, it should change color to something else. If you use My Cthulhu, it will change color to either orange (warning) or red (serious error).

Oh? Is that what you meant by "No more typo/syntax errors!"? That's sounds like a nice feature for the color scheme to have.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(11-01-2012, 12:16 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 11:39 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: The "check" is a combination of the old tag system, and new keyword lists in each new filetype. If you don't write one of the keywords/settings, it should change color to something else. If you use My Cthulhu, it will change color to either orange (warning) or red (serious error).

Oh? Is that what you meant by "No more typo/syntax errors!"? That's sounds like a nice feature for the color scheme to have.
I could probably do the same for all the HP Script functions too (and not just the AngelScript instructions), but I figured that that's what the tags are for.
I wish I could make the keywords case sensitive too, but it seems that that would require "breaking into" the lexer, and that's hardcore stuff.
I credited you for the tag list. I hope I was right about that.

11-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Find