Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia error, drivers need updated. Quick question please?
Amethyst Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia error, drivers need updated. Quick question please?

Hello again

I was playing amnesia, and the screen flips upside down when I play. I did some research on it, and turns out the graphics drivers need updated. I am very much not computer savvy when it comes to stuff like this and have no clue what to get or how to even begin the process.

I was wondering, judging from the info below, what graphics driver update should I get exactly? (Can give more info if needed)

I've looked on the AMD support site for the drivers where you enter in your info to find what driver you need (http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx) But I don't know what some of the stuff being asked is, and I don't really trust myself to do the right thing when it comes to this sort of thing haha.

Microsoft Windows XP professional. (32 bit I believe)
ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics
(I'm sure I could figure out what driver I have now if I dug around some, let me know if its important. I think it might be something called ati2dvag.dll perhaps)

(And my computer is HP Compaq 6735b Notebook PC if that is of any help)

Can anyone tell me exactly what driver update I need? (and potential link to the official site download perhaps Big Grin)

Any educated answer is very much appreciated.

Thanks so much for reading!
10-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia error, drivers need updated. Quick question please?

Try searching for something like "ATI Radeon HD 3200 drivers". I can't really help, mainly because I am at school right now.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Website Find
Dutton Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia error, drivers need updated. Quick question please?

You wan't to look here
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...iw-xp.aspx

and download the Catalyst Software Suite

This is the newest Update for the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Drivers for Windows XP Home/professional 32-bit.

[Image: 15isy6C]
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 01:04 PM by Dutton.)
10-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Find
Amethyst Offline

(10-30-2012, 01:04 PM)Dutton Wrote: You wan't to look here
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...iw-xp.aspx

and download the Catalyst Software Suite

This is the newest Update for the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Drivers for Windows XP Home/professional 32-bit.
Thanks so much for replying. I downloaded and tried to install this, but I keep getting a message that says it was failed to install it :/

I will post with more soon. Any idea what the problem is?
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

What exactly is the error you're currently experiencing with the installation process?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 07:29 PM by Robby.)
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Website Find
Amethyst Offline

I took a screenshot of the errors. Please respond, I really have no clue what the problem here is Sad

[Image: rqbm7Ylk8gyLx-_JSDpHIQ85695]
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 08:03 PM by Amethyst.)
10-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Probably OEM drivers issue. You have Windows XP as I can see so try this first: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...ob-77870-1
10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Find