Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional Intel/AMD help please.
Samare Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Additional Intel/AMD help please.

(11-04-2012, 01:06 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: the AMD card is not disabled. The thing is that when you run OpenGL games/applications you can only use the Intel one. For everything else, AMD is just fine.
After I use the "Have Disk Method" to update my Intel chip, I restart my computer. At that point it has me accept to run three different things which I assume have to do with the driver. At that point a message from my Catalyst Control Center pops up and says "The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Displays Manager."

At that point if I go into device manager and then to display adapters I now see that my AMD Radeon HD 6650M card has a yellow exclamation point next to it. If I look at it's properties, it reports "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

If I play any other game besides Amnesia, my entire system starts to struggle because it is using the integrated graphics and not the AMD card. The only way I have found to correct it is to rollback the update on my integrated graphics and reboot again.
I am sorry if I wasn't more specific previously.

EDIT: I also tried updating my AMD card, and it is up to date as far as I can tell.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012, 06:37 AM by Samare.)
11-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Additional Intel/AMD help please.

I guess your AMD drivers are old and thus not compatible or something. I'll never understand AMD...
11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Find