Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No got key by UbuntuSoftwareCenter
primax Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  No got key by UbuntuSoftwareCenter

Hi all,
in halloween my friend and me bought Amnesia...my friend is a fedora's user....so he bought Amnesia by Desura website and he got key-serial and a section where download Amnesia's client for windows, linux and mac.
Now...I am an ubuntu's user and I've bought Amnesia by Ubuntu Software Center, but he installed the game in my os and he didn't give me a key....and a website with sections for download the clients for install Amnesia in my macbook.

So...What should I do? At least for the key-serial.

Thank you in advance.

PS: I have a document who certificate I have bought Amnesia.
PS: Sorry for my bad english, I hope you all understand.

EDIT: pardon me....I saw just now in the section dedicated to linux.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012, 03:58 PM by primax.)
11-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Find
primax Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: No got key by UbuntuSoftwareCenter

No one understands what I wrote? I would like to speak with the staff to solve this problem. I am willing to send the receipt of payment. Please reply me.
11-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

hey,

so... I got some questions, you're using ubuntu, bought Amnesia over the USC.
Your friend bought it over Desura, and got a key + downloadpage, and you didn't get those information from the USC?
If I remember right, the USC is kinda like Steam, so at first, you don't need any key, because you can download the program/game directly over the USC-Client. If this isn't possible, you should be able to look up the key in your usc-library, right-click on Amnesia, and show the key. Then you can externally load the game and insert the key, but I'm not sure if this works/is the best solution, because the key should be registred in your usc-account.
But then it became weird, you're using ubuntu and want to install Amnesia on your MacBook? O.o
Do you want to make a second Installation of Amnesia on the MB? So you need the key, because USC doesn't run on OS X or what?

The Admins/Leader of FG will probably answer you tomorrow, because it's midnight in europe at the moment.

hope I could help, have a nice day !

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Find
primax Offline

hey johnbox,
Do you understand everything very well. Anyway, I want to install it on the macbook because it is the only laptop I have. Ubuntu is installed in my desktop pc. Now in Italy's late, I'll try your advice tomorrow morning. Thank you for having responded to me. My friend with 1 key installed Amnesia in fedora and in windows...
obviously downloaded the appropriate client from Desura for the operating system that was install it ... why can not I do it myself because I paid too like him?
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012, 12:23 AM by primax.)
11-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

No problem.
I don't know... I don't really know anything about Linux/USC, I just transfered it from Steam.
But good luck tomorrow, maybe it really works, we'll see.

Good night. ^^

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
11-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

USC version is serial free and includes Amnesia for Linux.
Desura is serial based and includes Windows, Mac and Linux as they support those platforms.

The version of game and what platforms you get depends on what platforms the store you bought from supports.
11-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Website Find
primax Offline

(11-05-2012, 08:00 AM)jens Wrote: USC version is serial free and includes Amnesia for Linux.
Desura is serial based and includes Windows, Mac and Linux as they support those platforms.

The version of game and what platforms you get depends on what platforms the store you bought from supports.
so I can not install the game I bought on my macbook? damn! But if it happens that the need to reinstall my os? I could not install more amnesia?
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

I don't know how USC tracks purchases, I assumed it was linked to an email address or account and not the computer.
11-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Website Find
primax Offline

(11-05-2012, 01:20 PM)jens Wrote: I don't know how USC tracks purchases, I assumed it was linked to an email address or account and not the computer.
So, how do I contact a developer about USC??
I do not understand why paying the same amount, I can not download the client for mac and also play on that pc
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM by primax.)
11-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Find