Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Halo 4 permaban for sexism
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Halo 4 permaban for sexism

(11-10-2012, 05:57 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(11-09-2012, 12:54 AM)nackidno Wrote: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/11/i-...ex-change/
Now that's sexism.
It don't frown at sexism, but I do find it weird that the dad would want to erase any traces of historical gender roles having existed. My thought goes to what must go on in his bedroom, him in pink handcuffs and his wife with a whip and wax candles.

Edit:
Also, in my frustration, I have to wonder: Why didn't he fix Metroid Other M instead? That game apparently needs fixing, because it features gender roles that most certainly wasn't there in previous games.
I'm not even going to answer this. It's a game, it don't have to be historically correct.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
11-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(11-10-2012, 12:09 PM)nackidno Wrote:
(11-09-2012, 12:54 AM)nackidno Wrote: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/11/i-...ex-change/
Now that's sexism.
It don't frown at sexism, but I do find it weird that the dad would want to erase any traces of historical gender roles having existed. My thought goes to what must go on in his bedroom, him in pink handcuffs and his wife with a whip and wax candles.

Edit:
Also, in my frustration, I have to wonder: Why didn't he fix Metroid Other M instead? That game apparently needs fixing, because it features gender roles that most certainly wasn't there in previous games.
I'm not even going to answer this. It's a game, it don't have to be historically correct.
It doesn't have to be politically correct either, if you consider "women always being on top" politically correct. The translator took offence when he saw a male hero, and wanted to teach his daughter that only women can be heroes. He has issues. I bet his "daughter" is just his son dressed in a pink dress.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

11-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

(11-10-2012, 12:46 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 12:09 PM)nackidno Wrote:
Now that's sexism.

Edit:
It doesn't have to be politically correct either, if you consider "women always being on top" politically correct. The translator took offence when he saw a male hero, and wanted to teach his daughter that only women can be heroes. He has issues. I bet his "daughter" is just his son dressed in a pink dress.
I never said that women should be on top, where did I say that? Show me because I would be really interested in reading things I haven't written. And he didn't take offense, he wanted to make sure his daughter would immerse herself and identify with the character, and he didn't want to show that only girls can be heroes, he wanted her daughter to (again) identify with the character, and by giving Link a sex change, he achieved that. And that last sentence was not even funny.

11-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(11-10-2012, 12:55 PM)Robosprog Wrote: It was because he thought his daughter would relate and enjoy being a female in the game more than a male. It's not politically correct, nor did he take offence, he simply wanted the game to reflect his daughters choice and gender better.
Yes, he phrases it all in sweet ways, but what drove him to "translate" a whole game, was him thinking that his daughter shouldn't play a boy/man. The gender of the hero mattered that much to him, so that's sexist. It would be a different matter if the gaming industry didn't feature heroines.

11-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

(11-10-2012, 01:42 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 12:55 PM)Robosprog Wrote: It was because he thought his daughter would relate and enjoy being a female in the game more than a male. It's not politically correct, nor did he take offence, he simply wanted the game to reflect his daughters choice and gender better.
Yes, he phrases it all in sweet ways, but what drove him to "translate" a whole game, was him thinking that his daughter shouldn't play a boy/man. The gender of the hero mattered that much to him, so that's sexist. It would be a different matter if the gaming industry didn't feature heroines.
No, he wanted his daughter to relate to the character.

11-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(11-10-2012, 01:44 PM)nackidno Wrote:
Yes, and to a child, gender is the last thing that will make you unable to relate to somebody. Never mind that Link is an elf warrior who wears a green Santa hat in a land of fairies, because he has a penis, and the penis will be what his daughter will be obsessed with throughout the story. If his daughter would really think that, then she would be sexist instead.

11-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Find
AmnesiaMaster Offline

Threads: 1

Finally their gonna do something hopefully Sony catches on too *wink* *wink*

I think this is a great idea and Honestly I Hope Sony catches on too *wink**wink*
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012, 05:17 PM by AmnesiaMaster.)
11-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

(11-10-2012, 03:16 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
Yes, and to a child, gender is the last thing that will make you unable to relate to somebody. Never mind that Link is an elf warrior who wears a green Santa hat in a land of fairies, because he has a penis, and the penis will be what his daughter will be obsessed with throughout the story. If his daughter would really think that, then she would be sexist instead.
You are trolling, you are so so trolling. I can't believe a grown person would say this. But then again, there are unbelievably fatuous people all over the world. It's no surprise one of them find its way here. I understand that you might have a personal opinion on this but I personally believe you are so close minded, so conservative and surprisingly stubborn and unthoughtful that my brain is about to drop it's jaw, do a backflip and faint in awe to your incredibly stupid response. Please for the love of god, if you want to debate, then don't come up with that kind of dung, because you are only embarrasing yourself. Didn't you leave, why did you come back?

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM by eliasfrost.)
11-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(11-10-2012, 05:19 PM)nackidno Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 01:42 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Please for the love of god, if you want to debate, then don't come up with that kind of dung, because you are only embarrasing yourself. Didn't you leave, why did you come back?
Because he was a troll then, and he was damn good at it. And he's been trolling the both of you very well, it seems. Seeing someone troll another person in the appropriate way is fantastic. Too many people on the internet have a skewed view of how to troll someone.

11-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

(11-10-2012, 07:17 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 05:19 PM)nackidno Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 01:42 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Please for the love of god, if you want to debate, then don't come up with that kind of dung, because you are only embarrasing yourself. Didn't you leave, why did you come back?
Because he was a troll then, and he was damn good at it. And he's been trolling the both of you very well, it seems. Seeing someone troll another person in the appropriate way is fantastic. Too many people on the internet have a skewed view of how to troll someone.
He is a disrespectful piece of meat that sits in front of his computer and ruin otherwise perfectly legit discussions, that's not fantastic, that's not appropriate, it's cynical, it's stupid and it's thoughtless. Why are there no bans for trolling? Because he is only making this place worse. This guy is worst shit I've seen on this forum since I joined almost six years ago

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012, 07:34 PM by eliasfrost.)
11-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Find