Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are so many Amnesia custom stories so similar?
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31
RE: Why are so many Amnesia custom stories so similar?

(11-10-2012, 11:12 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Is this the time of the year where all the trolls come back? And how many times have you changed your name?
A few dozen times, because I'm never satisfied. Oh and by the way long time no see.

Hi.
11-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Website Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

If seriously I believe that's because only a few of people even trying to think how to build up intriguing storyline with a slowly creeping fear. And only a few among few are trying to think about changing accents from horror to something else. I mean HPL engine allows to make a mod that wouldn't be horror at all, completely different genre.

P.S. By the way mods made for "have a fun" aren't a changing of the genre, they're just nothing at all, bacteria puke. Objectively.
11-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(11-12-2012, 08:11 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: If seriously I believe that's because only a few of people even trying to think how to build up intriguing storyline with a slowly creeping fear. And only a few among few are trying to think about changing accents from horror to something else. I mean HPL engine allows to make a mod that wouldn't be horror at all, completely different genre.

P.S. By the way mods made for "have a fun" aren't a changing of the genre, they're just nothing at all, bacteria puke. Objectively.

Bacteria puke? Genius! Big Grin

In all seriousness though, I agree with the "few people care about making a good story" part. I have the same opinion.

^(;,;)^
11-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(11-12-2012, 11:46 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: In all seriousness though, I agree with the "few people care about making a good story" part. I have the same opinion.
In all seriousness, though, I think that few people care about making *any* kind of story in this thread. We chat too much at these forums. We're so busy complaining about other people, that we're not getting anything done.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

11-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(11-12-2012, 11:55 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 11:46 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: In all seriousness though, I agree with the "few people care about making a good story" part. I have the same opinion.
In all seriousness, though, I think that few people care about making *any* kind of story in this thread. We chat too much at these forums. We're so busy complaining about other people, that we're not getting anything done.
Except raising the bar, so that when we release our work other people can see how talentless we are :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

11-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(11-12-2012, 11:55 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
You just described the whole internet. Big Grin

^(;,;)^
11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Because obviously the 1-2 hours that the average member that frequents this site spends here everyday takes up their entire day.

Posting Freak
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Website Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

(11-12-2012, 11:55 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: ...We chat too much at these forums. We're so busy complaining about other people, that we're not getting anything done.
Can't agree with you, no way. If you're the one who can listen, than talking to people and spending your time at chatting, physically wasting your time is a work. The most important part of creating things is to create them at mind, not physically. To create things physically not so hard and not so time-consuming. So even the stupidest talk can, truly can bring you to some interesting unexpected thoughts. You never now where that pile of shit hides a golden brick, but it's always there somewhere. And every pile of shit do hides a golden brick. Even if you will decide to waste a bit of time on those fucking ponies, than there's a chance that an unexpected idea will come to you. And I hope you understand what I mean. I don't want to tell you - chat, chat and chat. Not that simple. But IF you're going to chat than be SERIOUS and very attentive to everything you read, write, hear and listen - and that golden brick will be yours.

And don't get me wrong. I am not a teacher or a cool guy. I am just a usual man.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012, 12:52 AM by Alex Ros.)
11-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(11-13-2012, 12:49 AM)Alex Ros Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 11:55 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: ...We chat too much at these forums. We're so busy complaining about other people, that we're not getting anything done.
Can't agree with you, no way. If you're the one who can listen, than talking to people and spending your time at chatting, physically wasting your time is a work. The most important part of creating things is to create them at mind, not physically. To create things physically not so hard and not so time-consuming. So even the stupidest talk can, truly can bring you to some interesting unexpected thoughts. You never now where that pile of shit hides a golden brick, but it's always there somewhere. And every pile of shit do hides a golden brick. Even if you will decide to waste a bit of time on those fucking ponies, than there's a chance that an unexpected idea will come to you. And I hope you understand what I mean. I don't want to tell you - chat, chat and chat. Not that simple. But IF you're going to chat than be SERIOUS and very attentive to everything you read, write, hear and listen - and that golden brick will be yours.

And don't get me wrong. I am not a teacher or a cool guy. I am just a usual man.
I get what you're saying completely. . .

AMNESIA/PONIES CUSTOM STORY FUN-TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Find
cav500 Offline

Threads: 1

I just played the absolute BEST custom story I have played so far, Amnesia Hill - Harold's Story the custom story version. Now, THAT's what I'm talking about! Highly creative, incredibly detailed, cool puzzles, and thoroughly immersive. I couldn't stop playing it once I started. I wish there were more custom stories like Amnesia Hill - Harold's Story. I thought it was better than White Night or any of the other mods/stories I have played so far.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012, 03:07 PM by cav500.)
12-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Find