Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress A Light In The Dark *FULL CONVERSION*
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46
RE: A Light In The Dark *FULL CONVERSION*

Quote:BTW guys do you like the screenshot? Because it makes me feel odd a bit with this...

I am not sure if you do need any sort of realism-complaints...

But if you do, than here's a little bit of criticism...

First, if I am not wrong and what you show up is some kind of cellar, than there would not be any wall-candles. At any kind of storages, basements, cellars, etc. most of times torches were in use, they're cheap and gave a lot of light (in comparison with wall-candles). Wall-candles were in use in living quarters, guest rooms, etc. of nobles. Second, those "fat" candles on the tables should be placed on any kind of plates or saucers, whatever, but not directly on the table. Also these kind of candles, fat ones, could be placed on various ledges, beams on the wall. Third and last, if I see it right, it's quite dark out there, there's a pipe at the far-corner and at the same time there're also a table and a bookshelf. Any house owner in mind could not place any furniture under or even near the tubes-pipes. But maybe I don't see it right and it's just a barricade out there... I am not sure about that...

That's all. A lot of words, but objectively those things I described are just really small details. Most of players (99.9%) would not ever notice these kind of tiny-details-mistakes. So you can easily nevermind all I said. Really. It's only my own fandango, fad, screwball, etc. to make everything as realistic as possible, especially with small details.

As a result there's only 0.1% of complains Smile Everything else is cool Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2012, 12:03 AM by Alex Ros.)
11-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(11-25-2012, 11:55 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
Quote:BTW guys do you like the screenshot? Because it makes me feel odd a bit with this...

I am not sure if you do need any sort of realism-complaints...

But if you do, than here's a little bit of criticism...

First (1), if I am not wrong and what you show up is some kind of cellar, than there would not be any wall-candles. At any kind of storages, basements, cellars, etc. most of times torches were in use, they're cheap and gave a lot of light (in comparison with wall-candles). Wall-candles were in use in living quarters of nobles. Second(2), those "fat" candles on the tables should be placed on any kind of plates or saucers, whatever, but not directly on the table. Also these kind of candles, fat ones, could be placed on various ledges, beams on the wall. Third and last(3)&(4), if I see it right, it's quite dark out there, there's a pipe at the far-corner and at the same time there're also a table and a bookshelf. Any house owner in mind could not place any furniture under or even near the tubes-pipes. But maybe I don't see it right and it's just a barricade out there... I am not sure about that...

That's all. A lot of words, but objectively those things I described are just really small details. Most of players (99.9%) would not ever notice these kind of tiny-details-mistakes. So you can easily nevermind all I said. Really. It's only my own fandango, fad, screwball, etc. to make everything as realistic as possible, especially with small details.

As a result there's only 0.1% of complains Smile Everything else is cool Big Grin
Thanks for the criticism! I'd have to comment a few things though.
1: Owner was very rich, and this isn't a proper cellar, it's an underground facility. This is the first sector so it seems to be the best cured one, even though the terrain was a bit irregular and so they couldn't build little rooms and big rooms accordingly, it would have taken too much time. This was even built on some base excavation made from some guys who lived way before the event.

2: I understand that, and I comprehend, i'll try to fix it, even though they look sooooooo goood right there Sad

3: This room looks nowhere near being THAT dark, ingame will look even more clearer I think. As I said in 1, they didn't really measure the risks, also because this was a temporary facility, this is a workplace where the owner barely went.

4: Thank you for the criticism! I cure small details, yes, but upon what to me looks good to the environment. I'll try to keep in mind that and fix some things that can be fixed.

Also, everything is assured to be stable in the facility, so the pipes wouldn't be much of a problem. Big Grin

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2012, 12:11 AM by Hardarm.)
11-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Le torch you asked for.

Attached Files
.rar   torch_static01.rar (Size: 1.7 KB / Downloads: 126)

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Find
jezdamayel Offline

Threads: 1

very nice! keep up the wonderful job ( you and everyone)

Female voice actress~ Jezdamayel's VA Extravaganza
12-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(12-02-2012, 12:30 PM)jezdamayel Wrote: very nice! keep up the wonderful job ( you and everyone)
Thank you very much! Big Grin

12-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Dining room! Smile
[Image: ImmagineDiningRoom.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 11:08 PM by Hardarm.)
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Made it a bit more bright, you should see better now:
[Image: ImmagineDiningRoom2.png]

12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

-NEW IMAGE-

Just to tease you!
Fixed the gamma and added a tiny almost invisible blur and the written title Smile

[Image: ImmagineFigaALITD01.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM by Hardarm.)
01-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Now A Light In The Dark is now on ModDB!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-light-in-the-dark

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2013, 01:10 AM by Hardarm.)
01-09-2013, 01:09 AM
Website Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

UPDATED Version of the room showed before!
Now with much more scenery Big Grin

[Image: ImmagineFigaALITD03.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2013, 11:41 PM by Hardarm.)
01-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Website Find