Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request 3D artists needed!!!
Nuclearbones Offline

Threads: 19
3D artists needed!!!

I came up with a good bit of concept art over the week for my characters, custom maps and enemies after mapping finally exhausted me. Mapping actually made me realize that I still need to get all of my ideas modeled and textured. And I know that last time I requested an artist a lot of you guys got mad at me for not having art to show my ideas and I'm really sorry about that but I actually have the art I have so far in a .zip file! I came prepared this time.

If you are a 3D artist with a good knowledge of Maya or Blender or Max, click on the attachment and download the zip file, it contains pretty much the majority of what I have come up with this past week, one of the images was from the past summer though so MOST are from this past week. If you need more then tell me what you need an elaboration on or if I should add anything to make it better. I want constructive criticism, not just "these parts suck".

I wish whoever want's to do this good luck and I can't wait to see the models you come up with. I mean like SUPER excited.

Thanks.

Attached Files
.zip   Conscience_ConceptArt.zip (Size: 1,019.89 KB / Downloads: 143)
11-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: 3D artists needed!!!

Okay, first of all those sketches look quite nice. Smile They're not super-precise though so you'd either have to make more detailled concepts and orthographic front-side drawings or allow your 3D modeller some artistic freedom when it comes to details, proportions etc.
But that's not the main thing I wanted to say. The main thing would be HOLY SHIT IS THAT A LOT OF WORK! Big Grin

I mean let's sum up:

- 4 rigged and animated characters (those take huuuuuuuuge amounts of time)
- 1 non-animated character (the angel statue)
- 1 additional character head (for the serpentine statue on the "Closer to Heaven" pic - I'm listing this separately because human faces are one of the most difficult things to model)

- at least 2 big, important environment pieces (Close to heaven - thing and the fountain)
- an arc/ arcade thing
- corridor elements/walls/floor
- a balcony of sorts
- several rocky formations with plant growth
- a window
- a symbol with a special door.
- the whole special puzzle room architecture (not quite sure what it looks like exactly, the drawing is a bit unclear there)

I don't want to burst your bubble, but... well, we will see who else replies to this thread. I, unfortunately, do not have the time to help out since I have little free time and this is just too much work... but I wish you the best of luck with your project.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2012, 03:30 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16

Like Hirnwirbel said, sketches look cool. I always love seeing rough, early sketches - they excite me too =P

But like he said, it is a huge amount of work but it would be great to see a positive response from the community for this kind of project size. Some of the people I've seen on this forum have some really great work and I would love to pull them all together and make something really awesome. The problem is, I like a lot of people am very busy =(

I really hope some decent modelers with enough time see your images though! Best of luck.

[Image: 20643.png]
11-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Find
Nuclearbones Offline

Well I guess I can't expect everybody to give up their free time to work on this. But thanks anyways.
11-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

If you could sketch them, you'll probably be able to model them.
11-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3

I'd love to offer help but I won't be learning to model for a few months. :T

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
11-18-2012, 03:04 AM
Find
Nuclearbones Offline

(11-18-2012, 01:01 AM)Rapture Wrote: If you could sketch them, you'll probably be able to model them.
If only I could this thread would never have existed.
<:[
11-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

I would offer, but I need to finish the current mod first, work on another game and I have a ton of work at my job... My internship, however, is ending on the 17th of December, and if I'm not offered a job, then I'll have... tons... of free time.

If I ended up helping out, I'd like to draw some refurbished concepts, detailed and such... O:

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2012, 01:36 AM by crisosphinx.)
11-28-2012, 01:35 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(11-28-2012, 01:35 AM)crisosphinx Wrote: I would offer, but I need to finish the current mod first, work on another game and I have a ton of work at my job... My internship, however, is ending on the 17th of December, and if I'm not offered a job, then I'll have... tons... of free time.

If I ended up helping out, I'd like to draw some refurbished concepts, detailed and such... O:
NO!

You work on Spacies :]]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

11-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Find
Nuclearbones Offline

(11-28-2012, 01:35 AM)crisosphinx Wrote: I would offer, but I need to finish the current mod first, work on another game and I have a ton of work at my job... My internship, however, is ending on the 17th of December, and if I'm not offered a job, then I'll have... tons... of free time.

Well I hope you can help out. I'm really glad there's someone who finally offered.
But I'm not holding my breath due to your job.

If you can do it I want you to PM me, I realized a while ago that not EVERYTHING I want in this mod is in the .zip file.
11-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Find