Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatch problem
Storfigge Offline

Threads: 31
Hatch problem

I have made a room with a hatch in the ceiling. To reach this hatch you need to climb up a ladder. So there a two problems here. First was that i can't seem to open the hatch while I'm climbing the ladder. My solution was to just keep the hatch open so you just have to go climb through but for some reason that wont work either, i put OpenAmount to 1 but it is still closed. So a solution to any or both of these problems would be nice.

Is it possible somehow to open hatches while climbing?

Why is the hatch closed even though i have OpenAmount at 1?

Huh

11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Hatch problem

Is there a wall behind the hatch?
It makes sense that the hatch will go back if it collides with a wall when it's fully opened

No it's not possible to open hatches while climbing. Thats how the game works

Trying is the first step to success.
11-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Hatch problem

if you're using planes as a ceiling or floor around the hatch you need to be careful that they don't collide with the hatches collision mesh. I had some problem like this in the past but you just need to make sure that the planes stop no further that the model of the hatch.

Also have you tried opening the hatch to see if it's location actually allows it to open? You could just place a spawn in the room above the hatch and try opening it from above to see if it'll swing open or not, if it doesn't just try moving the surrounding objects about a bit. GL!

[Image: 20643.png]
11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Find