Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

AC3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: AC3

Quote: Seriously, what is with all the drama?[...] I have no idea where you are getting all this perceived disrespect, but I assure you it isn't as bad as you think.
Well, just take a look at what he explains in his profile:

"Important Notice, i have a mental age of 11! so dont expect me to act all that grown up all the time!"

I guess that explains everything. Sort of. But yeah I can't recall people being disrespectful either... there were some heated arguments but as far as I remember it didn't get personal. Probably just a big misunderstanding...
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2012, 02:24 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Find
ButteredCrumpets Offline

Threads: 5

(11-23-2012, 05:36 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(11-22-2012, 04:22 PM)ButteredCrumpets Wrote: I'm british and i am jsut curious really to know peoples opinions on the game and y some people find it offensive, i dint find it offensive its only a game, their just taking it too seriously if their offended
You're British and your name is ButteredCrumpets?
Nice.
I agree with you, Kman.
This IS silly.
Thanks m8, people are taking a game far too seriously, some other british people believe that we will be judged as bad peoplle because of a video game, and also the history behind it is true, its not like they can change history so its ridiculous to be offended

My general opinion is, if people are offended about this game then thats just ridiculous, theres no point getting offended by history that you cant change, we british were oppresive back then yes, but this is just a video game, anyone who gets offended by ths is just very immature and knows nothing about the game. I cant understand why some of my fellow brits get offended by this, if they are offended can they at least keep it to themselves
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 08:54 PM by ButteredCrumpets.)
12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: My general opinion is, if people are offended about this game then thatsjust ridiculous, theres no point getting offended by history that you cant change, we british were oppresive back then yes, but this is just a video game, anyone who gets offended by ths is just very immature and knows nothing about the game. I cant understand why some of my fellow brits get offended by this, if they are offended can they at least keep it to themselves
Hehe, being german and having played quite a lot of WW2 games, I can relate ^^
I mean, we've had it way worse, with for example most game developers being apparently unable to see any difference between the terms "Nazi", "Wehrmacht" and "German".
But hey, it's all in good fun, so there's no point in getting worked up about it. It's not like those games claim to be an accurate documentation or anything. (It only gets bad when people mistakenly think they are.) Wink
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 01:08 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
12-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

Blame that mistake on this Ludicrous call for "realism" in videogames (look, if i want authentic war, i'll join the army, thanks) . I can understand your veiw though Hirnwirbel, for some reason, it does seem the Americans (i use them as 90% of the worst offending titles for mistaking the Whermacht for "Nazi's" are from the USA) did not listen to the words of General Erwin "The Desert Fox" Rommel. "I am not a Nazi, I am a German!, the difference between the two is so great, that, for some, it shall probably be incalculable".

true, some of the WW2 stuff is still great fun, pre "dark era" Medal Of Honour (1999-2004), good old Wolf 3d and RTCW, etc. i still play them a lot, great gameplay and a fascinating period in history were technology was racing ahead at such a speed, that stuff that would have been dismissed as "science fiction comic bunkum" in the late '30s, such as Rocket Planes, was actually genuienly being worked on, often by the Germans, say what you will, they were massively technogically advanced compared with the Allies, i mean, look at the modern ICBM, the basic principles really havn't changed that much since the V2. But, i can see why some German Individuals would get upset at always being protrayed as the badguys, and as if the whole German conciousness was evil, especially when you consider that 1. the German resistance was the biggest of the lot! and 2. many of its members were in the Whermacht. it was the Waffen SS who were the "Nazi Monsters".

on topic
@ Butteredcrumpets

like i said through proxy, i am personally offended with AC3, not by the fact the British are portrayed as badguys, because, basically, its what we are, (after all, who invented Mustard gas (the first "WMD") and death camps? us. the British, the Germans just made them more effecient), in AC3, but the fact its portrayal just struck me personally as being very "MTV generation propoganda", it struck me as just a cardboard excuse for "killing some limey F**s" (to borrow some "xboxliveease"). thats what grinds my gears, added on top of the fact I personally found AC3 to be a real dissapointment compared to the "Ezio Auditore" era, and somewhat rather boring. i found it a bad game, and thats why i am personally offended, as i am offended by any game i see as bad, because i love gaming so much, and i can see all these rushed out "casual/accessible" mass market consoley games causing gaming to crash again in a year or two.

so i wonder, are the other British people who are (and well within their rights may i add, seeing as, if the british made a game were you went around, as a brit in the independance war, slaughtering americans, the USA would probably all but declare war on the developer they would be that peeved, so we are in every right to complain about the way the game is plotted) complaining, really offended just by the fact we are portrayed as villains in this game, or is it because of the overly simplistic "good americans vs evil british russians" (sorry, i cant resist a Pop at "you know what franchise"!) MTV generation propoganda portrayal, cardboard thin plot, or the fact we have been used as villains in what, to me at least, is a genuinely bad game? its certainly an interesting question to ask i think
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM by the dark side.)
12-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I am currently halfway through the game, so I cannot comment completely yet, but I suspect very very much that at some point in the game that the "Patriots" will play some sort of antagonistic role.

So far in the game I am enjoying it very VERY much. I found the changes, regardless of setting, characters, or gameplay to be a fresh new change from the AC2 era of games. Sure the HUD/overall interface has a few problems I don't really like, but AC3 is a pretty solid game from what I see so far.

Also, anyone saying that AC3 isn't about assassinating anymore is completely wonkers. The game still very much has the stealth-assassin type of play in the game, and it has been been improved, and expanded upon somewhat.

There are quite a few technical issues with the game (On PC), the most noticeable for me being the major FPS drops in certain areas. I wish they had optimized it better for PC before having shipped, and I hope this can be fixed in the future.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM by Kreekakon.)
12-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

Sadly, I am very much afraid I doubt it Kreekakon, i am afraid that PC sales "don't make enough profits" compared to console sales for todays megabuck publishers inhumanly greedy marketing divisions liking, heck, i am suprised we still get games on pc sometimes, so, no hate here, just simple experience with the modern games industry, i fully expect AC4 to come out on X720 long before AC3 gets its bad "porting from 360 to pc" (something i cannot stand, but, it makes good profit margins for businesses, so i'll just have to tolerate it until gaming inevitably goes clunk again due to the rise in mobile phones and the "casual" audience deserting to them resulting in the console market vanashing faster than a rat up a trouser leg) issues sorted out.

sadly, these days, it seems to be down to the modding community to sort out the issues that rushing a port from a vastly inferior system brings. i mean, how long ago did the godawfull (in my opinion) HP2010 come out? and , although the console version had over 20 updates before the even worse (in many opinions it would seem) "teh runz" came out, the PC version still hasnt even been officially patched Once! way to keep customers Evil Alliance (rolls eyes)

everyone has there own opinions on a game, after all, "enjoyment" is a purely subjective thing, wich means that what someone may think is, sorry to use youtubeease "the greatest gayme evar!" others might think is "a pile of steaming, rushed out, unplayable console tosh of the kind that should have died out with the atari 2600 era" (there i go, chanelling yahtzee again, lol). wich means, that, sure, i accept you are finding AC3 brilliant fun, and stealthy, i found it bordering from "doing nothing for hours", to "full blown kombat" with the odd cheesy cutscene, of course, others my think the cutscenes are brilliant. its all down to the individual person and there prefeered pacing style and the way they like stories to be told, (i persoanlly prefer to know "WHY" rather then What and to who, as well, i struggle with emotions even in real life, so i very rarely connect to a story that is very emotion and charachter driven, and prefer a scientific "why this is happening" story over a "how this makes the charachters feel" emotional one, as emotions in games just come across as cheesy to me, because i fail to understand the subtext and only see the wild on screen gesticulations), sure, were as you may find it brilliant, i found it woefull!

i will agree though, ubisoft did need to change it after the Ezio era, it went on a little too long, but to me, personally, i think they changed it all the wrong ways by making it "too accessible" and creating what i think is a paper thin excuse to blow up some brits, hey, you may not find that, as i said, games are 100% subjective, its what i personally found. and got offended by.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 08:32 PM by the dark side.)
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(12-03-2012, 08:22 PM)the dark side Wrote: the odd cheesy cutscene, of course, others my think the cutscenes are brilliant. its all down to the indidual person, sure, were as you may find it brilliant, i found it woefull!
I actually think some of the cutscenes have that "cheesy" feel to them, but I'm willing to overlook this somewhat, because I think that's exactly how the people talked back then, and sometimes maybe even an authentic replication of what they said exactly.

I don't know TOO much about America history though, so I could be wrong.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Find
ButteredCrumpets Offline

Threads: 5

from what i hear some british people have become anti-american because of this game and how they beleieve the americans are glorified, this is my message to those people the americans have done alot for us they acted as a vital backbone to us in the second world war, and they understand us well and have supported us, that is what i say to those people
12-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I got AC3 today Big Grin

Oh yeah...C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER
12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Find