Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAE-files
finScript Offline

Threads: 35
DAE-files

I made a model with SketchUp and imported it in COLLADA -format (.dae). Then I opened it in the ModelEditor but it was blank. I also have Blender but I don't have any idea how to use it. So what's the right way to do models in Amnesia?

Attached Files
.png   sketchup_screen.png (Size: 263.83 KB / Downloads: 81)

11-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: DAE-files

Is sketchup not a super simplistick program?.
I doubt it will do for advanced stuff such as exporting to games.
Even when you export in blender theres a lot of things that can go wrong, normally i have to go through steps such as making sure normals are correct that faces are triangualted and so on...but i doubt sketchup lets you do advanced stuff like that.

Also it looks like the texture is stored inside the program itself..or perhaps the dae?. You gotta remember that your texture must be stored in the same folder as the dae (not inside the dae either) and make sure that its stored there when you export, so that the dae points to its location, else you will have to open up the dae. with notepad an write the location manually. and you have to use the modelviewer when testing your model and generating the msh. and mat. file.

You are proberly already pretty confused about most of what was just written, but my point is:
DONT USE SKETCH UP FOR GAMES
11-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: DAE-files

Ok:

I don't really know anything about Sketchup, but:

-Import to Blender
-Apply a material to it and set the texture for it
-UV/Unwrap it
-Triangulate the faces

The steps also depend on what version of Blender you have, so it may be different for each version.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Find