Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2012! The prefered way of elimination!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: 2012! The prefered way of elimination!

Quote: I'd probably start out getting a simple weapon like a baseballbat, knife or something, build up a "safe" base and then try to go to the police station with a group of friends/family and see if there's anyone alive there. If not I would try to loot it and see if I could find any weapons
[Image: biggrin.gif]
I dunno... seems like melee weapons, while easy to acquire, aren't exactly the best choice either, as using them carries a high risk of infection. You have to get very close to a zombie to use them and not only will it try to bite you, you'll also get it's highly infectious blood splattered all over you if you hit it...

Also it won't react to being hit in the same way a human would. Hit a human in the face and he'll flinch away from you, a zombie won't react to the pain at all. It'll only be thrown back a bit by the force of the hit, if you're lucky (or very strong Wink ) and it won't stop attacking you until it's dead (again) or can't move anymore...

Guess my reaction would just be to stay in my room for the moment and see how things go. Call my family and see how they're doing (they're pretty far away...).
If the end seems inevitable, I'd consume as much alcohol as I can find, then stumble towards the next best zombie horde and see how it goes from there (getting eaten or becoming a zombie myself) Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2012, 05:29 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Honestly, I wouldn't be too excited for the zombie apocalypse because many things can happen that you don't look at.

- Losing family members/loved ones,
- Food and material production companies will most likely shut down, so eventually you won't be able to buy that favorite snack of yours, or maybe that game you've been waiting for at some point in time.
- Possibly no more internet or wireless connections as towers deteriorate and personnel from the companies disappear.
- Gas will run out sooner in years as personnel leave their stations from mining it. So eventually, we may not have electricity, OR gas...

Most of these can be avoided, as long as the company's employees decide to stay at their job day after day during a zombie outbreak. And with something that serious, I can't see that happening. BUT... If there was going to be an "end", I'd rather go out in a zombie apocalypse, definitely. Meteors, world explosions, war, etc are not any fun. =\
11-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(11-30-2012, 05:28 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I'd probably start out getting a simple weapon like a baseballbat, knife or something, build up a "safe" base and then try to go to the police station with a group of friends/family and see if there's anyone alive there. If not I would try to loot it and see if I could find any weapons
[Image: biggrin.gif]
I dunno... seems like melee weapons, while easy to acquire, aren't exactly the best choice either, as using them carries a high risk of infection. You have to get very close to a zombie to use them and not only will it try to bite you, you'll also get it's highly infectious blood splattered all over you if you hit it...

Also it won't react to being hit in the same way a human would. Hit a human in the face and he'll flinch away from you, a zombie won't react to the pain at all. It'll only be thrown back a bit by the force of the hit, if you're lucky (or very strong Wink ) and it won't stop attacking you until it's dead (again) or can't move anymore...
I think melee weapons would be the best... Guns are loud as hell. Good swing of melee weapon like metallic pipe or crowbar would smash zombie's skull and brains, killing it.
11-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Nuclear Holocaust: I'd sit outside on the porch with a glass of fine whisky in my hand whilst playing Led Zeppelins "Tangerine" on my record player and watch the oncoming shockwave and light from the detonated A-bomb.

Zombie Holocaust (unserious version): I'd find myself a 50.cal sniper rifle(even though weapons are hard to come by in sweden) and perch myself at the top of a high building, shopping centre, whatever. Stock up on canned food, dry goods and forever spend my time picking the heads of zombies.

Zombie Holocaust (serious version): This is what I like to do whilst playing fallout. Scavenge. I'd scavenge for food, supplies, meds, anything that can keep me going. Stay out of combat and big cities, as they're more likely to be over infested with walking dead, and stay to the countryside and smaller towns. Thereafter, when I feel I wouldn't want to live anymore I'd kill myself in the most painless way possible. This is however unlikely as I'd probably be one of the first to go, because I'm weak and pathetically emotional and would probably become a wreck after seeing my loved ones die and rise again.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
11-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(11-30-2012, 06:31 PM)Deep One Wrote: I think melee weapons would be the best... Guns are loud as hell. Good swing of melee weapon like metallic pipe or crowbar would smash zombie's skull and brains, killing it.
well it depends whats the cause for the zombies ? If its a infection-disease you would probably get infected by fighting them in close range. They bleed on you, and you're already infected.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
11-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

(11-30-2012, 07:36 PM)DogFood Wrote:
(11-30-2012, 06:31 PM)Deep One Wrote: I think melee weapons would be the best... Guns are loud as hell. Good swing of melee weapon like metallic pipe or crowbar would smash zombie's skull and brains, killing it.
well it depends whats the cause for the zombies ? If its a infection-disease you would probably get infected by fighting them in close range. They bleed on you, and you're already infected.
This is our answer.
11-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Damn it... All I have is this http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4057/46789...fb5db5.jpg
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2012, 07:52 PM by Danny Boy.)
11-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

sigh, if i had a nickel for every single person who said the world was going to end in 1965, 1972, 1981, 1994, 1998, 2000 (wasnt the devil supposed to come up from hell in 2000?) etc, i would be a very, very rich man, 2012 will be exactly the same, the mayans knew jack all, how could they predict the end of human society whe they failed to predict there own annhilation from illness and disease spread by the spanish conquistadors? the apocalypse coming on december 21 2012, is pure, unbridled, Male, Bovine, Efflueresance.

i would give a christianic response as to why i think that, but, seeing as viewpoints of any religious nature seem to be about as welcome here as a George Dubya Bush look alike at a Hussein Family renuion, ill keep stuhm.

well, to keep with the theme of this thread, id say the most logical "apocalypse" is a complete and total breakdown in social order leading to complete and total utter anarchy, in wich only the strongest and most heavilly armed gang factions will survive. my preffered method of annihilation in that case is a clean shot in the head with 4 rounds of 5.56 NATO FMJ fired by the soldiers sent to kill anyone who isnt one of the "social elite" to destroy the "underclasses" before anarchy takes hold. with a headshot, your dead before you even hear the gunshot.

yes. i am back. thanks to some gentle pursuasion from a couple of users i wont name, who convinced me the issues that made me leave in the first place were all one big misunderstanding.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2012, 08:50 PM by the dark side.)
11-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(11-30-2012, 05:28 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I dunno... seems like melee weapons, while easy to acquire, aren't exactly the best choice either, as using them carries a high risk of infection. You have to get very close to a zombie to use them and not only will it try to bite you, you'll also get it's highly infectious blood splattered all over you if you hit it...
One word: Katana.

For real, katanas are sharp as hell, and they're decently long; taking down foes wouldn't be much of a hassle, which it would've if you had, say, a knife or a hammer.

And they slice clean. :d

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2012, 08:30 PM by Mine Turtle.)
11-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(11-30-2012, 08:30 PM)Mine Turtle Wrote:
(11-30-2012, 05:28 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I dunno... seems like melee weapons, while easy to acquire, aren't exactly the best choice either, as using them carries a high risk of infection. You have to get very close to a zombie to use them and not only will it try to bite you, you'll also get it's highly infectious blood splattered all over you if you hit it...
One word: Katana.

For real, katanas are sharp as hell, and they're decently long; taking down foes wouldn't be much of a hassle, which it would've if you had, say, a knife or a hammer.

And they slice clean. :d
Except that real katanas doesn't just lay around. You would probably only find a tourist item that is shaped like a katana and those aren't very sharp

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
11-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Find