Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2012! The prefered way of elimination!
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32
2012! The prefered way of elimination!

Indeed, this is another 2012 thread, good sir!

So yeah, the anticipated 21-12-2012 ( "12-21-2012" for you 'muricans ^^), or "The end of the world as we know it" is comin' up, just in case you hadn't noticed, or just haven't bothered to give two, or maybe three fucks about it! That being said, I'd like to ask you all some questions (for those of you who actually believe it will happen).
What would be YOUR preferred way to die, if this event actually happens?
(It's an interesting question, though I'm not certain of it being asked before by anyone else; shun me if history is repeating itself.)

But in all seriousness; what are your beliefs of 2012, and what do you think will happen on that day? And, if your belief (or any other assumption, or idea of the event made by others) actually happened; what would be your preferred way to die in that situation?

Now, there's a wide set of choices and assumptions we can all make for the anticipated date, and here ill only list a few of mine:

-A nuclear holocaust

-The anticipated "Yellowstone" volcano eruption

-A Meteorite strike

In relation to the first assumption (A nuclear holocaust), I'd prefer to rather stay outside on that day, and hope to be vaporized instantaneously. There's hardly any pain, and you miss out on the endless days of scavenging ruined capitals and radioactive wasteland! ^^

For the second assumption (Yellowstone), I'd actually try to outlive this one; become a remnant, and try to rebuild society; and the thought of scavenging abandoned societies has always been an appealing thought ^^. Though, if the eruption is too powerful, the effects would replicate a nuclear winter, clouding the earth's atmosphere, causing extreme temperature drops, and lack of sunlight for decades. If that's the case, id rather just stay outside and hope to choke on whatever gas kills you the quickest. No sunlight = No photosynthesis; we'd run out of air sooner or later anyway, not to mention food supplies. ^^

For the third assumption (The meteorite strike), there's really not much of a choice, is there? Inside or outside; either the shock-wave kills you, or the flaming wall of death that follows. Though, if the meteorite strikes in the ocean, it'd just create super-massive waves of water, which is just as good as a firewall, but the size of the meteorite most likely has an impact on the after effects, so there might be a chance of survival. I'll have to think about that one.

Now its your turn!
Post your thoughts, assumptions, and actions that would most likely be your alternative if your assumption, or anyone else's assumption occurs at the anticipated date of 21-12-2012!

I might have sounded slightly sociopathic throughout this OP; but It's a question that's sane to ask, given the situation that's upon us; besides, when will we ever get such an opportunity again? ^^

And for those of you who believe that 2012 happened 7 months ago due to leap years; I don't prove you wrong, but I believe Mayans weren't astronomically developed enough to calculate such things.

(Another interesting question; why do you think the Mayans knew about 2012? How did they come across the knowledge of that specific date, and why?)

EDIT: Also, if anyone knows of a way to add a timer in here, lemme know! T'would make a neat addition to this thread ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012, 10:22 PM by Mine Turtle.)
11-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: 2012!

I believe that on December 21 all of the skeptics will die from laughter when nothing happens (kind of an apocalypse in and of itself).
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012, 09:50 PM by Bridge.)
11-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
long subject

I don't believe anything will happen. There are so many theories about it though that it still creeps me out thinking about it. I think my preferred way to die would be by getting vaporized by a nuclear strike. Just a flash then gone.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Supposing the world were to actually end though and there was a way to prove it, I'd opt for performing harakiri rather than just dying in the <whatever>. Who wants a painless death? You have eternity to feel nothing, why not make your death something special (IMO)?

EDIT: Please change the title, the quick-reply doesn't work with it.

EDIT2: Only if it were 100% confirmed though. I don't really want to die and harakiri fucking hurts.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM by Bridge.)
11-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(11-29-2012, 10:11 PM)Bridge Wrote: Supposing the world were to actually end though and there was a way to prove it, I'd opt for performing harakiri rather than just dying in the . Who wants a painless death? You have eternity to feel nothing, why not make your death something special (IMO)?

EDIT: Please change the title, the quick-reply doesn't work with it.

EDIT2: Only if it were 100% confirmed though. I don't really want to die and harakiri fucking hurts.

Changed it; hopefully it works now.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(11-29-2012, 10:11 PM)Bridge Wrote: Who wants a painless death? You have eternity to feel nothing, why not make your death something special (IMO)?
So you want an extremely agonizing death ? Tongue

Anyway i don't believe it's going to end in 2012, if, for some reason it was 100% certain, i'd eat shitloads of nice food..cuz well...Food is awesome, make peace with God and then jump into a cabriolette and even though i don't have a drivers license (yet), i'd drive into the sunset with wind in my hair while listening to my favourite music.

well...

Kind of

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
11-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: 2012! The prefered way of elimination!

Well, this is a weird thread. Do you know what I think? In my calendar, I have 21/12/12 as the day that I will raep ALL OF YOU, and, later, I'll kill ALL OF YOU (except good guys)

Just kidding ^^ in case of total confirmation of the catastrophe, I think I would drug myself to death: Cocaine, LSD, etc. They are bad, but if you are samely going to die... I would die for happy and exciting overdose Smile

Also, a cute girl on your side wouldn't be bad Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

I really don't think it is going to happen. I have been making bets with some friends if it is going to happen or not so, even if it does happen what do I have to lose Wink . Anyway to answer your question probably death by nuclear strike.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
11-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

i thnk wt wll hppn iz t3h faledalias grws bg n he sqawsh us all

[Image: p229xcq]
11-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

6 WORDS.

GET DRUNK SMOKE WEED FUCK BTCHES #YOLO #SMD2012

Posting Freak
11-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Website Find