Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Neurotechnology: Run in terror from Brutes with your mind
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
Neurotechnology: Run in terror from Brutes with your mind

Hi. I was browsing YouTube today and I came across an interesting little video showing off some sort of mind-headset. Basically, it analyzes brain waves coming from different parts of your mind and does things in a program depending on it. I went to their site and saw that they had a card that came with the headset that makes it compatible with other games than the ones coded specifically for the headset. For example, thinking "lift" could let you cast a levitation spell in a fantasy game.

I think this looks very interesting indeed. I think this might add a lot to immersion in horror games, and just video games in general as well. You can be immersed with headphones, a mouse, and a keyboard, sure, but what about controlling Amnesia using your mind? This sounds like a good concept to me.

Oh, and controlling a game titled Amnesia by thinking sounds ironic to me.

Respective links

Official website
Showcase video on YouTube

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 12:59 AM by Zaffre.)
12-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Neurotechnology: Run in terror from Brutes with your mind

I really hope I wouldn't be scared and think of shitting myself, and Daniel does it. Oh god...
12-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Find