Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model editor needed!
xRaze Offline

Threads: 2
Model editor needed!

I need an new enemy for amnesia.
My drawing skill is really terrible, so I won't even bother to try to draw it.
But I need an enemy joker. Like an joker who looks really old and freaky. Not really undead.
Please tell me if this is possible or if you really need an drawing.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 08:51 AM by xRaze.)
12-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Model editor needed!

Nope, not possible. Well, at least unless you're willing to learn to model and animate, cause I can guarantee you you won't find anyone here that's willing to make an entirely new enemy from scratch.

Posting Freak
12-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

To say it a bit more precisely: It's very unlikely someone here will be able to help you with that.
There are only a handful of people around these forums who are able to model, rig and animate a character and those who are, are mostly busy with their own projects, work, school or whatever. Not to mention the fact that creating an animated character takes a tremendous amount of time and effort.
(highpoly, retopology, uv-mapping, baking, texturing, rigging, skinning, animating...)

Your best course of action would probably be to use a placeholder (grunt, brute or suitor) until the rest of your project is finished. Then, when you have something cool to show people, it will be easier to get others interested in spending such a huge amount of time to help you.
After all, nobody wants to work his ass off for a project that might never see the light of day in the end, right? Wink

An other option could be to check out a site like turbosquid where you can get 3d models for free sometimes. (usually they are sold for money, but occasionally there are freebies too) You'd probably still need some knowledge of a 3D program like Maya to properly prepare that model and its animations for use in hpl though.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 04:16 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
12-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Find
xRaze Offline

Threads: 2

Okay thanks guys, I just wanted to check Smile
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Find