Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A real life horror video.
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
A real life horror video.

Hey guys, I actually found an amateur video and wanted to show this.
It is enormous scary. And I want to know what Jens or Thomas are thinking about this video and if it would be possible to make a horror game like this in future.
This. Is the best amateur horror video I ever seen in the internet.

Don't forget to watch in HD and Fullscreen!

Googolplex
12-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: A real life horror video.

Really boring… Why should I be scared of a little girl just because she has long black hair? The only remotely unsettling part was the water part but that was weak. It's just walking with really dramatic photogenic looking around and swaying, and the ending is beyond pathetic. There's a difference between building and releasing tension and being completely static the entire time.
12-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

I found more stuff of that, seems like the administrator from this site is some kind of adventurer/photograph interested in old leaved buildings.
http://www.visual-dreams.de/?cat=262

Some of his photos are really interesting and shows a setting I like for horror media.

@Bridge
That's not just a black haired girl. I sayd it is real.
Read the story here...
http://www.visual-dreams.de/?p=4302
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012, 09:43 PM by Googolplex.)
12-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(12-08-2012, 09:41 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I found more stuff of that, seems like the administrator from this site is some kind of adventurer/photograph interested in old leaved buildings.
http://www.visual-dreams.de/?cat=262

Some of his photos are really interesting and shows a setting I like for horror media.

@Bridge
That's not just a black haired girl. I sayd it is real.
Read the story here...
http://www.visual-dreams.de/?p=4302
Yeah, right. Professionally shot and edited real, huh?
12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

This are real humans instead of a computer generated horror effect or a monster like F.E.A.R. for example.
And the building, a leaved children's home is also real and not a prepared scenery.
The creator of the video just wanted to test a new sort of flash light and what is better than this old children's home?

And this is scary because it is real and not virtual. One problem of most video games is that the locations seems not like they were real.
12-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(12-08-2012, 09:51 PM)Googolplex Wrote: This are real humans instead of a computer generated horror effect or a monster like F.E.A.R. for example.
And the building, a leaved children's home is also real and not a prepared scenery.
The creator of the video just wanted to test a new sort of flash light and what is better than this old children's home?

And this is scary because it is real and not virtual. One problem of most video games is that the locations seems not like they were real.
I was not disputing the authenticity of the location, I'm saying that whatever legend is connected to this "children's home" (I assume orphanage) is total BS. I don't speak German so I can't even read the article you linked, but I just know it's going to be one of those "real life mysteries" that cash in on people's gullibility big time. All that doesn't even matter; I found the video to be poorly shot and poorly edited in general (the use of sound effects especially was too liberal - it was overwhelming).
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

By real do you mean it's an actor instead of Computer Generated Effects, or do you believe that it is actually real, as is REAL real?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
12-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I scrolled down and saw Bridge wrote it had a black haired little girl and basically just nope'd... The little girl cliche is so overused and not scary in the slightest way. As soon as I see a little girl with black hair (I'm pretty sure at some point, the little girl's hair was over her face, right? Yes? Cliche.) I sigh and stop as I'm completely broken of immersion or sent back to reality. The little girl thing needs to stop. It's REALLY getting old.
12-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(12-09-2012, 12:49 AM)Statyk Wrote: I scrolled down and saw Bridge wrote it had a black haired little girl and basically just nope'd... The little girl cliche is so overused and not scary in the slightest way. As soon as I see a little girl with black hair (I'm pretty sure at some point, the little girl's hair was over her face, right? Yes? Cliche.) I sigh and stop as I'm completely broken of immersion or sent back to reality. The little girl thing needs to stop. It's REALLY getting old.
It even has a lullaby superimposed over "scary ambiance".
12-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Lol, the video is about 7 minutes long and the girl is just a part of 5 seconds.
The goal of the video never was to show the girl or to make the video scary because of it.
Don't you understand simple things like that?

The location in this video is true creepy, even the sounds.
And you talk about girls... oh man!
At the other side, girls could be scary you need to play Yu-On.
12-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Find