Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The (not BL but) Anime Thread
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
RE: The (not BL but) Anime Thread

Fractale.

An anime by the creators of Black Butler and Fairy Tale.

And it's set in FREAKING RURAL, DYSTOPIAN, FUTURISTIC IRELAND!!

[Image: mind-blown-6.gif]
07-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Find
Focalize Offline

Threads: 6

Just sports anime in general, like Haikyuu! Gets me all hyped up to make the best of my day. (Totally not because of the way they blush at each other for no apparent reason.)

[Image: tumblr_mqgl69kyLV1ql2603o1_500.jpg]
07-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

Owarimonogatari confirmed for October this year

kizu never

hibike ufo addendum:

Spoiler below!
editing my post since I'm the last one who posted (how sad) but finished Hibike! Euphonium yesterday and can happily say its the best thing Kyo-Ani's put out since Nichijou (though I still haven't watched Hyouka and Tamako). It kind of started off slow, but really picked up past episode 4. The whole thing's like K-On if K-On was actually about music and the bands relations, with a clear set goal in mind, not just some moeblobs with guitars and shizzle dancing around semi-aimlessly for a whole cour. The sound design and soundtrack are especially superb, it all felt really believable, and a lot of attention to detail was put to making things sound right. And the animation, hrhgkgkgkggkg. It's been a while since I've actually been depressed upon finishing something, since it'll be who knows how long before a potential S2. Hopefully Kyo-Ani is prioritiz-[Image: b335c5c4ec.png]

NOOOOOOOOO

the YURIBAIT THOUGH

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 05:54 PM by Potato.)
07-08-2015, 02:44 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Opinions on Charlotte? If you ask me, you can be convinced that it has met my excpectations thus far. Best anime this season - although I have not had a change to take a glance at most of the currently airing shows; Time's never been this big of an issue for me.
07-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I haven't watched this week's episode of Charlotte yet, so right now all I've seen is episodes 1-3. I really enjoyed episode 1-3 since I thought it set up the world and what happened in it in a really good way.

I had a more mixed reaction to episode 3 since it felt a bit more independent from the overarching story without having integrated that smoothly into the main plot It is definitely an important episode since it seems to have introduced a new major character, but the way they presented it made it feel almost like an "episodic" episode where the show just leaves behind the main plot for a bit.

Also episode 3 made it feel to me that it was trying a very small too hard to be sad too early in the show. It's a nitpick at best, and not a major thing since what was being sad seemed to be very isolated and likely won't be brought up later in the series. In contrast I think episode 2 handled this a bit better where it told/expressed the melancholy through a much more organic way through a character naturally explaining their back story.

On another note, I really like the concept of incomplete powers! It's a fresh concept and leaves me interested to see what "incomplete" powers the people usually end up having as they're introduced.

________________________________________________________________________________

Enough with Charlotte. Another anime from this season that seems to have piked my interest is Himouto! Umaru-chan only because it looks dumb and funny...which may very well be a positive thing! Also the marketing just kept kept finding ways to shove this show into my face so now it's partially succeeded because I am interested at the very least.

Just look at it:
Spoiler below!
[Image: ceCt18q.gif]

[Image: H3WLACQ.gif]

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2015, 04:29 PM by Kreekakon.)
07-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

I have an eerie feeling that everything in Charlotte will collapse - a change of flow will occur.
Foreshadowing after foreshadowing after foreshadowing. Typical Maeda.
Yet I have managed to predict everything thus far - yes, even the thing that happened to Ayumi. For some reason, I felt like she was - or at least partially - meant to be a plot device. I did not see other purpose for her.
08-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Kreek, you were right. Charlotte crashed and burned for me. The ending just...ಠ_ಠ.
10-19-2015, 09:06 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

I finished Gintama; now I feel empty inside. Best anime I've seen.
05-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Koe no Katachi... Watch it, you won't regret. I didn't regret. Haven't cried this much since Clannad. You did it again, KyoAni. I prefer this over Your Name. And that was an amazing movie.
05-22-2017, 05:01 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(05-22-2017, 05:01 PM)Red Wrote: Koe no Katachi... Watch it, you won't regret. I didn't regret. Haven't cried this much since Clannad. You did it again, KyoAni. I prefer this over Your Name. And that was an amazing movie.

I really want to watch it, but I haven't found a place to watch it >.>
I liked Your Name, however I do prefer to watch full series with character development instead of just a movie.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 10:37 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
05-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Find