Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Interesting article on space-time
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Interesting article on space-time

So I just read this article and found it to be an interesting theory to say the least. I won't pretend to be an expert on the subject but I have read a lot about it and personally I think this solution has good chances of being viable. Any of you guys interested in space and black holes in particular? What do you think of the article?
12-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Interesting article on space-time

I think the Inception meme as gone a bit too wild....
12-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(12-16-2012, 03:42 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: I think the Inception meme as gone a bit too wild....
I am disappoint. . .
Space-Time is the concept that in order for light to keep at it's constant speed (299 792 458 m / s) , space bends. Essentially, Space and Time working hand in hand, or at least, the "border" between them fading so that they might merge a bit. This theory redefined our preconceptions of the very nature of the Physical Universe: providing that space can be bent and rippled. Though the idea of Space-Time goes much farther than just that.
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-16-2012, 09:53 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(12-16-2012, 03:42 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: I think the Inception meme as gone a bit too wild....
I am disappoint. . .
Space-Time is the concept that in order for light to keep at it's constant speed (299 792 458 m / s) , space bends. Essentially, Space and Time working hand in hand, or at least, the "border" between them fading so that they might merge a bit. This theory redefined our preconceptions of the very nature of the Physical Universe: providing that space can be bent and rippled. Though the idea of Space-Time goes much farther than just that.
I still don't understand it even though I've read up on it extensively. Anyway, if you are familiar with the basics of general relativity and quantum theory (especially how all of our rules break down at singularities) then the article should be no problem. I've always been interested in space and everything that pertains to it and while the solutions proposed in the article are sketchy I think they are very promising, as they explain a lot of otherwise unexplainable oddities found in space.
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Find