Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Admit One
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Admit One

Just doing my job sir.
12-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I suffer from a some similar vein of depression as Sylvia Plath.

[Image: p229xcq]
12-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(12-17-2012, 09:09 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: And I just got over it like it was nothing. I didn't even cry. It kinda makes me feel like I'm a horrible person - but at the same time I'm glad about it ^^
You shouldn't feel like a horrible person, when in fact, you're one of the few who gets relationships! If I ever got married and then after a long/happy marriage I got divorced, instead of viewing it as a failure I would think of it as a success. We were happy for a number of years, then just moved apart and acted accordantly. Staying with someone you no longer love is the true failure.

I'm going to admit several.

I often feel I have no sense of wonder, because when I was three and met "Santa" for the first time I asked him "Is that beard real or fake?" This was simply because I didn't find it realistic that Santa would come to our kindergarden out of the millions of others in the world. Also I noticed that many things about the myths didn't make sense. Even after that point I've continued to lead this type of life:

1) I'm an atheist.
2) I don't believe in "The One" or True Love.
3) I think that tyranny could work, provided we develop an unbiased, uncorrupt system of selecting who our supreme leader should be, and have them raised from infancy, brought up by the world's greatest minds and schooled in a variety of subjects. People are too stupid to have freedom.
4) Either #3 or we go with Marxist Communism.
5) William Shakespeare? Overrated.
6) Telling children that they're smart is the equivalent to telling them that there's this magical force that helps them with their schoolwork: they cease working hard so when they fail at something it means that *Poof* magic's gone.
7) Sentiments aren't going to get a child very far. If they get a D, telling them they did their best is fucking stupid. They failed and have to do better.
8) Obedience is a worthless set of guidelines. I'd encourage my child to take apart the TV, then challenge them to use the knowledge they gained from that to explain to me in detail how it worked. Then they put it back together.
9) They can't use excuses like "But learning Spanish is HARD!"
"Bullshit! You learned the English language just by listening to me and your mother fuck in the other room while you were in your crib. So, how do you say "Thanks for all the tuition, food and heating." in Spanish?"
10) I'm going to raise a traumatized, but genius child. Fact of life.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012, 02:14 AM by failedALIAS.)
12-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

As surprising as it is. I actually agree whit you!(except number 3. We kinda did that for the last 1500 years. And if it didn't work back then it surely won't work now.)

But back to the subject. I agree. This generation of brats is the dumbest I ever seen. People sugar coat kids too much! "They are the future so we should treat them as fine greenhouse flowers" BAH! telling them fairy tales won't make them think! Harsh education will! Why do people think acient greeks and now days chinese are smarter than the rest of our modern society?
12-18-2012, 03:01 AM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(12-18-2012, 03:01 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: As surprising as it is. I actually agree whit you!(except number 3. We kinda did that for the last 1500 years. And if it didn't work back then it surely won't work now.)

But back to the subject. I agree. This generation of brats is the dumbest I ever seen. People sugar coat kids too much! "They are the future so we should treat them as fine greenhouse flowers" BAH! telling them fairy tales won't make them think! Harsh education will! Why do people think acient greeks and now days chinese are smarter than the rest of our modern society?
I can see your concerns with #3, but my plan isn't to rely on blood(royal families or whatever) because those people weren't very suited to be ruling over their people. None of them tried to be fair to them and given the time and lack of advancements, it's understandable that most of the population would have to suffer if the royals were to get what they want(which was being fatass douche-bags). I hope for a fair and well prepared leader, who was taught properly by the greatest minds on the planet.
12-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Yo ALIAS

I like all of your points

can we jus marry

[Image: p229xcq]
12-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(12-18-2012, 03:26 AM)Chronofox Wrote: Yo ALIAS

I like all of your points

can we jus marry
Blush Swallow a shatter grenade.
12-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

People are dumb shits. They always were and always will be. Educating one them to be the supreme leader will only result in having him(her) to say gibberish whit more syllables and more exquisite words like "flabbergasted" or "exquisite". People shall always be corrupt and foul on the inside. weather its as soon as they learn how to say "Mama" or when a old economy instructor whit a poorly hidden erection teaches the little führer what taxes mean.

Having a single brat raised from birth to be the freaking chosen one would never work. The best we could do is to have a council of sorts to even out each others stupidity. Much like how the Greeks did back in the good old days when people did theorems just for the lolz and broke newborn babies necks when they were unwanted.
12-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(12-18-2012, 03:31 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: Having a single brat raised from birth to be the freaking chosen one would never work. The best we could do is to have a council of sorts to even out each others stupidity. Much like how the Greeks did back in the good old days when people did theorems just for the lolz and broke newborn babies necks when they were unwanted.
People aren't "dumbshits". People just abuse rights. I want a balance of intelligence and compassion, the latter, it seems, you don't care about.
12-18-2012, 03:42 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I hate confronting people and as a result I'm terrible at expressing myself. For example, there's probably been almost at least one occasion (usually many, many more) with every member here where I've wanted to slap them and tell them they're stupid and need to stop posting, but didn't because I didn't want to get into an argument. Just thought I'd let you guys know Big Grin

Posting Freak
12-18-2012, 03:45 AM
Website Find