Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved - Creating a Flashback
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
Solved - Creating a Flashback

Hey there. I've seem to have run into some difficulty with creating flashback.

I have the script area for it set up and titled: ludwigleaving.flash

The hpl.log reads the following:

Spoiler below!
ERROR: Could not load XML document 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/custom_stories/Helena/lang/eng/voices/flashbacks/ludwigleaving.flash'
ERROR: Could not load flashback file: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/custom_stories/Helena/lang/eng/voices/flashbacks/ludwigleaving.flash'

The extra_english.lang file is as follows:

Spoiler below!
<CATEGORY Name="Flashbacks">
<Entry Name="Helena_fb1_01">Must you go?</Entry>
<Entry Name="Ludwig_fb1_02">Yes. Oh, forgive me, my pet. I know, you and Father.... He has become.... More tolerable, as of late.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Helena_fb1_03_1">I suppose. I shall miss you though.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Helena_fb_03_2">Do you have the gift I gave you?</Entry>
<Entry Name="Ludwig_fb1_04">Yes.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Helena_fb1_05">Do not lose it. And, Ludwig.... Remember me.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Ludwig_fb1_06">Always and forever.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

And the .flash file (which has been named ludwigleaving.flash) is as follows:

Spoiler below!
<Flashback>
<Voices>
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Silence_fb1_00_1.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Helena_fb1_01.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="Helena_fb1_01" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Ludwig_fb1_02.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="Ludwig_fb1_02" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Helena_fb1_03_1.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="Helena_fb1_03_1" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Silence_fb1_00_2.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Helena_fb1_03_2.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="Helena_fb_03_2" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Ludwig_fb1_04.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="Ludwig_fb1_04" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Helena_fb1_05.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="Helena_fb1_05" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Ludwig_fb1_06.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="Ludwig_fb1_06" />
<Voice VoiceSound="flashbacks/Silence_fb1_00_3.ogg" EffectSound="" TextCat="Flashbacks" TextEntry="" />
</Voices>
</Flashback>

The .flash file has been placed in a folder titled "flashbacks" in the main folder for the custom story, and the voice files have been placed in customstorymain\lang\eng\voices\flashbacks.

I hope this has been descriptive enough, as I was unsure as what was necessary to post.

Thank you for your time and help.

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2012, 02:04 AM by AGP.)
12-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
RE: Solved - Creating a Flashback

Problem has been solved. I turned off the computer and came back later and it worked fine.

12-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Find