Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia editor - Flashbacks, Cut scenes and Sounds help?
Racingcreed Offline

Threads: 12
Amnesia editor - Flashbacks, Cut scenes and Sounds help?

As the title suggests, I need some help regarding creating flashbacks, cut scenes and using sounds. I don't know very much about any of these, in fact, next to nothing.

The flashbacks will be used as the player progresses throughout the story, discovering notes and objects which will trigger flashbacks.

The cut scenes I would like to use mainly for the start and end of the custom story. When the player enters the level, I would like a short cut scene to begin, perhaps showing a quick flashback memory, at which point you'll awaken in a dungeon cell from a bed, so I also need the player to be laying down when he/she awakens.

The sounds will be triggered through player events, although I don't know how to do this, or if you can somehow preview sounds in the game.

Could anyone help me with these? I'd like as much help as possible since I don't know very much about these things. I understand it's a bit of a big ask but I'd really appreciate the help.

Many thanks,

Racingcreed

Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. - H.W.B

12-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Amnesia editor - Flashbacks, Cut scenes and Sounds help?

Hm... by what I know, flashbacks are really complicated to make: There was a recent thread (or there is) where AGP had problems with a flashback.

Thread: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-19640.html

Perhaps it helps you. If I'm not wrong, in the level editor there's a Flashback area. There, put the .flash file (like the AGP flash file)
OFC, you must have the Category (Flashbacks) in the .lang file.

Merry Christmas! (Not really sure how it's written)

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Find