Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Amnesia - No Laugh in the Darkness - Chapter 4 [FINAL]
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28
RE: Amnesia - No Laugh in the Darkness - Chapter 4 [FINAL]

(12-26-2012, 03:57 AM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: Nice CS. Cool new entities, textures and puzzles. Could you tell me the name of the two last musics of the game? I really liked it, reminds me of " Obscure ". By the way, the most disturbing part of this mod was a clown fapping in a wall.

the music is selfmade but i could upload the musics for you if you want.
PS: He is not fappin! xD
12-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I'm going to give an honest, unbiased review, speaking as though I didn't know all about your disdain for the respect of others.

I appreciate the direction you took this in, with the lack of jump scares and with the surreal environments. The textures are good for the most part, but a lot of them could be utilized better. The best part graphically was, in my opinion, the red and white striped tents. They had a simplistic beauty to them, and I would like it if you explored that more. Your transitions could use work, as it went from carnival tent to strange starry black room to blue stone brick almost immediately.

My biggest issue is easily the lack of conveyance. I had no idea what I was doing for most of it, and I ended up getting stuck 10 minutes in with the room that has the air duct-looking thing and the circular pit of blue fire, and a load of barrels up above. I stacked boxes to get up to the second floor, but those pathways led me nowhere. The only note was exceptionally useless, only saying "????".

That being said, I wish you would work more on your environments before moving on to the next area. A lot of the areas felt unfinished or slapped together, with Pointlights shining through walls, paper-thin walls, and no texture alignment. The sounds were easily the best part of the whole story. That, and the clown portraits, but you clearly didn't do those yourself. One of them even had a signature on it.

All I ask is that you spend more time making these custom stories with a clear goal in mind. It feels like you throw rooms together and go with it, which isn't much fun to play when I'm constantly asking myself what the hell is going on or what I'm doing.

[EDIT: I just looked at the date of the last story, and this one. For god's sake, man, you spent THREE DAYS on this story. Put some actual effort in!]

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2012, 12:17 AM by Streetboat.)
12-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(12-27-2012, 11:50 PM)Streetboat Wrote: [EDIT: I just looked at the date of the last story, and this one. For god's sake, man, you spent THREE DAYS on this story. Put some actual effort in!]
Actually that's not entirely true. He made/released the last one quite some time ago. The reason he reposted it was because the original release had unauthorized third-party content in it, so I believe he changed some things around.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Okay, thank god for that.

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Find
Ahiam94 Offline

Threads: 2

Maybe it's just me, but I love all of Skashi's maps. I really enjoy seeing all of the references everywhere. I don't get all of the hate. I've seen some people get extremely irritated over the fact that he often uses things that are copy-written like as if they were the original owners of the models. I don't get why people are so easily angered on the Frictional Games forums. Oh well, nothing I can do about, except play this mod and enjoy it!

I want a Flugelhorn!
02-13-2013, 05:38 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

lol yeah that's just you

Posting Freak
02-13-2013, 06:10 AM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

We hate him because he ruined Amnesia's reputation and modding community. He also rips models from hard-working game developers and even DARED to take one of Traggey's models and claiming it as his own.

TL;DR A good Skashi is a banned Skashi.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM by CorinthianMerchant.)
02-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Find