Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Fogareas
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Fogareas

I was wondering if it's possible to change the color and density of fog within specific areas of the map using scripts? I'm writing a script that changes the level from daytime to night time, and everything works perfectly except the FogAreas I have outside, which stay the same whether I set them to active or not. I have tried using Global fog, and it looks terrible because I want it to have a nice 'warm' feeling inside the house and a 'cold' feeling outside, so I can't have any fog inside but heavy fog outside (hence the FogAreas).

Many thanks!

P.S. I have tried setting it so that the Global Fog just fades in and out when the player goes inside and out, but that looks bad because the fog is visible inside when one is outside, and vice versa. It rapidly changes density when the player steps in and out, which looks bad.

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Fogareas

You can only control the global fog through scripts. You can use timers to gradually adjust the fog if you're looking for a smooth transition.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Would there be a way to prevent it from being ugly when looking inside while you are outside?

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3

In the fog settings, check "show backside when outside". Experiment with the checkboxes to create the effect you like.

[Image: 18694.png]
12-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Find