Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia claims it needs a disk
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia claims it needs a disk

(01-03-2013, 05:09 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I understand to download a torrent when the game would be steam exclusive. But Amnesia is DRM-free and not connected to Steam, so you should buy the game via official store.

Otherwise you will not get any support here!

What he means is that he bought Amnesia from the Humble Indie Bundle for 0.95 US$, which while can get you the game DRM free, you do not get Steam keys to go with it. So his copy is strictly speaking still an official one.

If you already knew that, and I'm misunderstanding you right now then I apologize.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

Let's focus on the actual question. The first post has been changed to say he no longer has the disk problem and the game now crashes for him. So to narrow this down for everybody who seems to be confused:
  • He did buy it from the Humble Bundle and paid $0.95 (95 cents)
  • He updated his first post saying that he no longer has that issue. His game now crashes

So for the crash, you can check the troubleshooting guides here and if it doesn't help, attach requuired files that the guide will mention

01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

You must pay 1$ or more to have a steam key as far as I know and remember. But either way, it doesn't matter if the game is from FG Store, Steam, Desura, Humble Bundle, stores etc... Support will be given as long as it is a legit copy.
01-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Find