Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical Sync drops FPS
SPACoD Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Vertical Sync drops FPS

I know about that adaptive VSync, but at higher FPS Rates, it looks like some part of the image got frozen and the others are moving, I tried a few more games and I don't need VSync ON on any of those. I tried: Minecraft, BF3, UT3 and StarCraft II and guess what none of these games need VSync ON, even though Minecraft uses OpenGL.
01-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Vertical Sync drops FPS

Some games implement their own methods to handling screen tearing which doesn't decrease performance as much as v-sync, and so you often don't require turning on v-sync for those games. In those cases, v-sync could be considered as a fallback feature. Nevertheless, you should really note that Amnesia wasn't designed for outdoor environments, so comparing them to games that were designed for outdoor environments or where a lot of information would be displayed but is handled differently is not a proper comparison.

If you're looking for a DirectX game that often requires v-sync turned on, try one of Valve's FPS games, like Left 4 Dead.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Website Find