Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mess hall bug !
roevilro Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Mess hall bug !

How do you get past the mess hall?
I tried to put the flaming barrel under a sprinkler, but no effect... It is flaming since I stepped in the mess hall

*Its on fire since I stepped in mess hall
01-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Mess hall bug !

check the sticky guides and attach hpl.log as said there
01-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Find
roevilro Offline

Ok there is hpl.log...and I want to say I have 1.0.1 version, I need to download 1.1 version? Is better to download a newer version or is good with this?

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 5.38 KB / Downloads: 93)
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 12:41 PM by roevilro.)
01-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers and that the game is updated to v1.1. If the problem persists then try loading an earlier save game before entering that area. You may also doing something wrong. If I remember correctly I had some difficulty with that barrel myself but in the end I was doing something wrong. I can't remember now.

You are talking about that barrel stuck at a wall that you have to put a dynamite above it, right?
01-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Find
roevilro Offline

I have the latest graphics card drivers, I will update the game to v1.1. I am talking about the barrel from Mess Hall, in a room there is a barrel, but my barrel is flaming since I walked in this room...there is a box with electricity and I need to pull down the button and this button too doesn't work to make a spark too flame the barrel..but I don't need more to flame the barrel because he is flamed before but not by me...I tryied to put the barrel under the sprinkler and nothing happend..no alarm to open a door...I observed I can't press right click in Mess Hall to give me hints...I will try now to put v1.1 and I will come back with news..

L.E: I put v1.1, same thing, I tryed to play the level before this...again, same thing...I don't know why doesn't work :-(...
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 02:14 PM by roevilro.)
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Oh you mean at the beginning of the game, I see where you are. Maybe you are missing something because there does not seem to be anything wrong with the game itself.

I remember something, maybe you have to add gasoline or something to the barrel before you lower the switch to make a spark.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

Here's how to light the barrel on fire (spoiler):

Spoiler below!
The barrel is to be lit via the broken electrical box. What you do is drag the barrel in front of it, then pull down the lever. Doing so will cause the broken electrical box to release an array of sparks that will ignite the gasoline-soaked contents of the barrel. You are to then drag the barrel so that it is positioned under the sprinkler/smoke detector

If you already know how to get the barrel lit, and are saying that when lit, the barrel gives off no flame effect, here's what you do:

Open the game options and find 'Shader Quality' Lower that to 'Low' or 'Very Low' and see if that helps. Lowering the shader quality is an easy way to resolve some graphical errors/glitches.
Hope this helps Smile

01-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Website Find
roevilro Offline

Oh..I told you...my barrel is already flamed when I entered in this level !!! The lever doesn`t work, the electrical box does not make any spark...the smoke detectors doesn`t work..I don`t know why don`t work...I will try to make low options then I will try to make a video to show you exactly what`s the problem.
01-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Yes make a video because this is strange. I think that's in the very beginning of the game so maybe you could also start again if a solution cannot be found.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Find
roevilro Offline

Yes, I will do it tomorrow, but I have a question. Can I upload the video on youtube and give you the link? Is much easier for me.
01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Find