Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it worth starting development?
stokesie95 Offline

Threads: 29
Is it worth starting development?

Hi All,

i just wanted to know if it would be worth starting a new project for amnesia the dark decent as the new amnesia a machine for pigs would be coming out soon. will there be a development suite coming put on release of the new game? or will we have to wait for this to come out a few weeks/ months after release?

Looking for scripting work
01-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Is it worth starting development?

(01-06-2013, 07:04 PM)stokesie95 Wrote: Hi All,

i just wanted to know if it would be worth starting a new project for amnesia the dark decent as the new amnesia a machine for pigs would be coming out soon. will there be a development suite coming put on release of the new game? or will we have to wait for this to come out a few weeks/ months after release?

I would start out anyway Smile It's always good to try out the HPL2. Then you can try HPL3 when it comes out! Smile

Trying is the first step to success.
01-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

There isn't any plans to update the tools for any changes that may be introduced for AMFP. So, if you're planning on making a story anyway, just start it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Website Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(01-06-2013, 07:24 PM)beecake Wrote:
(01-06-2013, 07:04 PM)stokesie95 Wrote: Hi All,

I would start out anyway Smile It's always good to try out the HPL2. Then you can try HPL3 when it comes out! Smile

I think Amensia: AMFP is made on HPL2 or so says the wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesia:_A_...e_for_Pigs
01-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

I believe it's made on a modified version of hpl 2 - hpl 2.5 so to speak Wink I also think I remember Samuel stating in the discussion thread that they were unable to open maps from TDD with the AMFP version due to some code changes.
So be wary, porting your cs over might be not as easy as it seems. But then, why would you need to? You can probably still use the new models should you need them (either by using the .ent files or by creating new ones with the .dae files) and it's not like the community for TDD cs's will suddenly disappear when the new game comes out Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 10:08 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
01-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Its worth it. Machine for ham will only come out in some months. Make the story. even you release the mod after the new game comes out. A lot of new people will try the original Amnesia as well. so you'll have people to play and enjoy the mod even if you have bad luck whit the timing.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013, 12:58 AM by Danny Boy.)
01-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Website Find