Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need a Mapper
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
Need a Mapper

Hello, there. I am looking for someone who is decent at mapping. The more experience, the better, probably. Thanks to my laptop's lousy controls, the Level Editor really doesn't work that well for me, and my attempts to build a map just really, really sucked... although I did get a laugh when I somehow accidentally put two Brutes so close to each other that they were stuck together and had to walk about in tandem xD.

I'm not much of a mapper, anyway - I much prefer working with coding. So, if any mappers out there are looking for someone to do scripting and writing, here I am lol.

My goal is to make custom stories that are as original as humanly possible – avoiding over-used puzzles, and exploring scenarios no one has done yet, mostly based on my original writing.

I have five total custom stories planned at this time; the first is a seriously bizarre one which would most likely allow the mapper to get really creative with the way in which everything is setup, and it focuses a bit less on storytelling and more on the abstract... and just general weirdness. And trust me, when I say weird, you can be pretty sure I mean what most people consider seriously weird - I'm not quite a normal person, exactly; everything I come up with tends to be viewed as bizarre by others, so when I find it weird myself, it says a lot about how odd it is lol.

The other four are more serious, considerably more complex, stories, the first of which [based on one of my in-progress original stories] I’ve already fully planned and begun writing dialogue/making art for. Aside from that, I'm open to ideas - I don't generally write around other people's ideas [I'm not a ghostwriter, after all], but I'm always game for coming up with a story together.

The one foreseeable issue is that I'm only online one day a week. Saturdays, generally between 11am and 8pm, depending on how early I leave home and whether I'm doing laundry that day. So communication would be a pretty interesting process - either we'd have to be online at the same time, or send messages to each other mentioning every possible thing we might want to bring up about whatever project we were working on.

The one upside is that I really have no preference for how the map is set up... generally. So the mapper would have full creative control of that aspect. I occasionally have an idea of what sort of map to do, but not terribly specific ideas. They could also suggest stuff, since I'm not always going to be 100% on how to interpret my own ideas into the CS lol.

So, I think that covers it... If anyone is interested, you can always PM me, or just comment here. PM might be better, though, as I'm about to get off for the week.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
04-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Need a Mapper

I'm not that good, but I guess I can do this.

EDIT:
1.600 POSTS

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 03:31 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
04-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

EDIT - Cannot do this.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 04:01 PM by 7heDubz.)
04-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Find
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17

I tend to view the 'I'm not that good' thing as highly subjective, so you might not really be that bad at all xD. Really, what I'm looking for is basically someone who can do a hell of a lot better than I can [which would probably be anybody, really]. Also, someone who can work with new textures and whatnot, because I've made a couple for this, hahaha.
04-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(04-27-2013, 09:50 PM)ThatCrazyShaman Wrote: I tend to view the 'I'm not that good' thing as highly subjective, so you might not really be that bad at all xD. Really, what I'm looking for is basically someone who can do a hell of a lot better than I can [which would probably be anybody, really]. Also, someone who can work with new textures and whatnot, because I've made a couple for this, hahaha.

Well, I can do lighting.
Here is an example of my lighting.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013, 01:07 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
04-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Find