Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Amnesia Story Idea(s) Thread

(01-13-2013, 10:47 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(01-13-2013, 10:44 PM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: You wake up in a unknown place and you don't remember anything, but you know that there's something after you.

10/10 would play a game built around the concept.

dude holy shit i know right, that's pretty much the most original concept i think i've ever heard ever

Posting Freak
01-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(01-14-2013, 01:01 AM)Kman Wrote:
(01-13-2013, 10:47 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(01-13-2013, 10:44 PM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: You wake up in a unknown place and you don't remember anything, but you know that there's something after you.

10/10 would play a game built around the concept.

dude holy shit i know right, that's pretty much the most original concept i think i've ever heard ever

*Fap Fap*
01-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-14-2013, 12:02 AM)Clord Wrote: It could even use addition where in the end when you are playing the other person. It turns out the first person player plays was actually a Grunt with a normal hand (Holding or attached as part of him.) Could even be "friendly" Grunt.

Well... I was more going for a time-thing. Which means every person you meet, is actually just yourself, from another time.

The future-self will tell you about these guardians, who walks the corridors, and prison trespassers.

Trying is the first step to success.
01-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(01-14-2013, 07:02 AM)BeeKayK Wrote:
(01-14-2013, 12:02 AM)Clord Wrote: It could even use addition where in the end when you are playing the other person. It turns out the first person player plays was actually a Grunt with a normal hand (Holding or attached as part of him.) Could even be "friendly" Grunt.

Well... I was more going for a time-thing. Which means every person you meet, is actually just yourself, from another time.

The future-self will tell you about these guardians, who walks the corridors, and prison trespassers.

Now theres an idea - even the adversaries of the player in the start could turn out to be another iteration of the player characters timeline, and the actions they take against the player in the start turn out to be necessary when the player comes to act them out, in order to get their past self to the part where they are at now

You should check out a Spanish film called (in english, called) 'Timecrimes', hands down one of the best executions of this idea I've seen, the way all the timelines of the character weave together is wonderful
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/

01-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Rock Worm, could you please show everyone here the story I sended you by P.M?

Have in consideration that that story was completely made by me, with some S.T.A.L.K.E.R influences.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(01-14-2013, 07:17 PM)The chaser Wrote: Rock Worm, could you please show everyone here the story I sended you by P.M?

Have in consideration that that story was completely made by me, with some S.T.A.L.K.E.R influences.

If you send a story to him that you made, it is most likely that you made it Wink

01-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Yes I know, is just that it was a wall of text and that I don't remember some details. I know that Rock Worm has amazing ideas, so why not sharing 'em?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(01-14-2013, 09:48 PM)The chaser Wrote: Yes I know, is just that it was a wall of text and that I don't remember some details. I know that Rock Worm has amazing ideas, so why not sharing 'em?

Share share share <3

01-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(01-14-2013, 07:17 PM)The chaser Wrote: Rock Worm, could you please show everyone here the story I sended you by P.M?

I believe the following is th e story idea you sent me by pm...

The big machine

Character: X (but, it's known that it has a psychological thing)

One day, you hear in the radio a legend about a machine. It's not known it's origin, but the Man of the Machine comes at you a few hours or days you die. The man tells you how much time you have, and, by what is known, he never failed in it's predictions.

Suddenly, an earthquake shakes the ground. The sky is red, and everyone's screaming. You can see monster's silhouettes, and you decide to escape. You see a hatch, you open it and...

***Progress of the story***

Finally, you arrive in a huge place. In it's center, you can see a very big machine. It's covered by a blue glass, and it has a blue aura on it. Then, a very deep voice, tells you:

"
-You arrived. I didn't expect this one. Why didn't you convert into my servant?

-Because I'm different. By what it seems, you sended a power blast of A-Type that changed the human mind, so everyone wanted to kill.

-**Voice gets distortioned a louder voice, like asking help** Help me! I have been corrupted! I'm... ***Get's deeper*** Listen, I'm your god. I was, better said. When the mining corporation arrived here, the sounds broke a bit my ery week crystal, making me almost dissapear. Now I'm just a faint shadow of what I was. I controlled it all... but then, the Aliens, knowing I was here, injected me the rage virus. You know the worst of all? You've surely heard of the big machine... and the big machine is everything. You, me, these walls... We are a machine and I was it's brain. When getting corrupted, I'm not omniscient and this world is dying.
"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I just noticed this image and my mind is already fast at working up a story to it http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs16/i/2007/2...egehel.jpg

Trying to figure out what monsters to have. Most can be regular stuff (Penumbra/Amnesia), any thoughts on how to do the 'doctor' on the right? Would only hearing it (or possibly using the Kaernk class monster somehow) work?
01-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Find
nivramm Offline

Threads: 1

i posted this idea in another forum a bit OT, now in the right one.
I'm posting only because i think thats a cool idea but i can not script and model this so far…maybe anytime.
The concept is that you are in a building at the beginning, one huge hall at the ground Floor and then a lot of rooms.
In the hall a table where bodyparts are marked…you need to look for these parts.
If you found all and placed them the right way on the table, the parts "melt" together to a monster.
The monster gets up and destroys a door or a part of the floor so you can enter the next level.

Now the player has a flashback like "what the fuck did i do? i need to destroy the monster i created"
The player now walks through levels and is getting more and more information: It is his house, he was a scientist, lost his job, made strange experiments and somewhere in the storyline his reminders get stuck.
Later he figures out that he erased his memory for an experiment (like justine did).
He has the task to find a mixture which kills the monster…when he found it an throws it at the monster:
He figures out that the monster is he and he is the monster, he tried to erase his evil ego.
(don't know how to say all this correct in english, hope u know what i mean)
Not a really new idea i guess, if there already exists a CS like this i'm sry for not knowing it.

when my skills are high enough for this i'm gonna create thisSmile
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Find