Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this idea any good?
Aloïs Offline

Threads: 5
Is this idea any good?

Hello there.
I have an idea for a custom story and would like to know if it's any good.
Here it is:
You live together with your family, because your uncle doesn't has a house for himself, he lives in the same house ( a castle ) as long as you can remember. One day when you are walking through the library of your castle, you discover a switch of which you never knew it existed. A secret door opens and you enter, with your Lantern. Only to discover horrible things.
01-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Find
LazyTemplar Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Is this idea any good?

I think its a great idea but the wording in the beginning is kinda wierd
01-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Those horrible things could be something going on in your family, that they've been doing behind your back.. Remember it all needs to make sense Wink

Trying is the first step to success.
01-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Find
Aloïs Offline

(01-12-2013, 02:31 AM)LazyTemplar Wrote: I think its a great idea but the wording in the beginning is kinda wierd

I like that you think it's a great idea Big Grin.
but you can please explain what you mean with the wording? My english is pretty bad sometimes
01-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

This is a pretty standard idea. It's strictly speaking barely even a plot. It's more like a premise idea. What's going to decide if it's a "good" plot, or a "average" one will be determined on several factors following the simple premise of a simple basement.

What exactly has happened? Is it something from super long ago? Is it something that is happening now?

You as the creator have to weave together a logical, and intriguing story from the plot aspect of the "secret basement". Remember, even though intriguing is important, logical must always come first as without that no matter how interesting the story is, the basics of the plot will fall apart because of plot holes.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Find
Aloïs Offline

(01-12-2013, 06:06 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: This is a pretty standard idea. It's strictly speaking barely even a plot. It's more like a premise idea. What's going to decide if it's a "good" plot, or a "average" one will be determined on several factors following the simple premise of a simple basement.

What exactly has happened? Is it something from super long ago? Is it something that is happening now?

You as the creator have to weave together a logical, and intriguing story from the plot aspect of the "secret basement". Remember, even though intriguing is important, logical must always come first as without that no matter how interesting the story is, the basics of the plot will fall apart because of plot holes.

You are right. I'll try to mainly focus on how logical it is.
01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Nope.
01-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Find