Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen goes completly dark if I'm not looking directly into a source of lightning
DrunkBastard Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Screen goes completly dark if I'm not looking directly into a source of lightning

Hi,

I've been playing this game for 6 hours and I haven't done any change and that did not start right after an update. Like the title said, if i'm not looking into a source of lightning (lamp, torch etc) I simply don't see anything. I have check that no program like flu.x are running at the same time, I tried to change and turn off every setting of the game. I deleted my main_setting, reinstalled the game and etc. Nothing seems to work...

I run this game with 32bits XP, it's a desktop. My graphic card is a radeon hd 5500 series.

thanks for your help!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 7.05 KB / Downloads: 100)
01-14-2013, 03:27 AM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Screen goes completly dark if I'm not looking directly into a source of lightning

Where did you get the game from?

01-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Screen goes completly dark if I'm not looking directly into a source of lightning

Have you tried reinstalled it as it cannot find some particles. Also, make sure your graphics card drivers are updated.
01-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Find
DrunkBastard Offline

Yeah my drivers are up to date and I tried to reinstalled it. I bought the game from steam and I already tried to check the integrity.
01-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

Try turning off post effects while in-game by going to: options > graphics > advanced

see if that helps

01-15-2013, 03:36 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

You said that you updated the game recently. The last update is almost a year's old so how did you end up updating the game now? Steam does that automatically. If you had previous saves then there might be compatibility issues as older version saves are not always compatible with the new game versions.
01-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Find
DrunkBastard Offline

I'm sorry I meant that my game is up to date. And i tried to turn off the post effect during the game and that didn't change anything
01-16-2013, 03:36 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Uninstall the game via steam (right click it > remove local content) and let it redownload. After the game is installed, before you run it, it might also help to let the game recreate the settings and profiles. That can be done by renaming the folder Amnesia at Documents to Amnesia_OLD(don't delete it because your saves are in there! If the game is fixed we will move them afterwards. Unless you don't have any saves, in that case delete it).
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Find
DrunkBastard Offline

I re-reinstalled the game and I did rename my amnesia folder but its still the same thing....
01-17-2013, 01:56 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

reinstall your AMD drivers completely, question 3 here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11183.html
01-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Find