Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuttering ruining immersion
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Stuttering ruining immersion - JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE

I don't really know, sounds strange and specific, some sort of conflict between software installed or hardware perhaps. Maybe try and disabled the Steam overlay and see if that makes any difference.

You say it might have to do with sound, then check and see if there are driver updates for the sound hardware and try different settings and sound outputs if possible. Could also be something like that your have the sound configured to be 48khz or higher, and the game outputs 44.1, so the problem has something to do with the conversion that happens. Possibly there is a later version of OpenAL that you can get from openal.org. After installation, rename the openal dlls in the amnesia folder to make sure it uses the system installed openal instead.

Maybe some anti-virus software or other type of programs/systems that can limit programs is in some way interfering, could try and temporarily disable and see if that helps.
01-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Website Find
blake123 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Stuttering ruining immersion - JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE

I believe the problem lies with Steam itself. The game is 3GB, yet Steam has installed 2GB for me. I feel as though there is alot that is missing that makes it stutter for some reason.

I had an old Athlon II x3 450 cpu, and it could run it flawlessly. I pirated it and it ran flawlessly, but after buying it through Steam after the Winter Sales it was running horribly. I honestly don't know what it is but I know it's Steam because my hardware is MUCH newer and I didn't have a problem when I didn't have DRM installing it for me.
01-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Stuttering ruining immersion

Steam seems to be having some issues lately:

Verify integrity of game cache doesn't work any more

Maybe that's why the game files cannot be verified and fixed correctly. A client update was released today (17-01-2013), try the verification again.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 12:25 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Find