Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Custom Story Puzzle Ideas
nivramm Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia Custom Story Puzzle Ideas

(01-23-2013, 08:20 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: Spawning a monster if the player fails, would not be the greatest solution.
Maybe rather have 2 ways completing this. Either finishing the ritual, or failing it.
If you fail the story will change completely.

i ment spawning the monster if the player sucessfully puzzled the monsters body parts together…not ii he failed. The monster isn't supposed to kill/hurt the player, it would be just a scary way to open the door as a sign of "you got the solution"
either make it for the monster impossible to see the player or get the player out of the monsters range an set him inactive for a while(bodyforce and disable). Give the monster a pathnode on the other side of the door and let him dissapear if player can't see.
This could be a central element for a story…building a monster and then escape him^^.
Would be cooler with a unique monster.
01-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-23-2013, 09:25 AM)nivramm Wrote:
(01-23-2013, 08:20 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: Spawning a monster if the player fails, would not be the greatest solution.
Maybe rather have 2 ways completing this. Either finishing the ritual, or failing it.
If you fail the story will change completely.

i ment spawning the monster if the player sucessfully puzzled the monsters body parts together…not ii he failed. The monster isn't supposed to kill/hurt the player, it would be just a scary way to open the door as a sign of "you got the solution"
either make it for the monster impossible to see the player or get the player out of the monsters range an set him inactive for a while(bodyforce and disable). Give the monster a pathnode on the other side of the door and let him dissapear if player can't see.
This could be a central element for a story…building a monster and then escape him^^.
Would be cooler with a unique monster.

Sorry Smile I read that part wrong.
Yes it's a solution, though the story really needs some spiritualism to make it seem ok

Trying is the first step to success.
01-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Find
nivramm Offline

Threads: 1

Quote:Sorry Smile I read that part wrong.
Yes it's a solution, though the story really needs some spiritualism to make it seem ok

Yeah…while walking around before i got a storyidea around this:
You walk around and have to find the body parts, if finished the monster walks away and opens a door.
then storyline like fuck, what did i do? i need to catch him.
Later you need to mix a special acid to destroy him…and finally you find him.
When throwing the acid on him, the player dies. Camera in bird-view and you see that u r the monster…you killed the evil in you.(or something like that, OT because no riddle idea. I'll stop writing nowBig Grin)
The part when you finished the riddle has to be good…the animation how the parts "melt" to one monster and how the monster is getting up…i'm not able to script things like this^^(also not to model the stuff)
01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Find