Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Exporting a Armature from maya...
vampirexevipex Offline

Threads: 5
Question  Exporting a Armature from maya...

Hello! I've made a model of a monster in blender (made the armature,texture,material,bleh), then i downloaded maya (since i've seen people say that its possible to export armatures from maya to amnesia's model editor), but now, i dont know how to export from maya a armature.... Can someone help?

Dem thingz shall be happening, dem days shall be counted...
TEH END!
01-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Exporting a Armature from maya...

I suppose armature is the Blender term for a skeleton/ joint hierarchy? In that case you're going to need the Open Collada plugin. Unfortunately, it only works for Maya 2011 and lower, there is no version for Maya 2012 and 2013. Once activated under Window>Settings/Preferences> Plug In Manager, the .dae format should simply appear in your File>Export - dialogue. For details concerning the options in the export dialogue and troubleshooting, you can also have a look at this thread, where crisosphinx collected all sorts of tips and common issues. Smile
01-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Find
vampirexevipex Offline

Wait.... so that means i can't export my armature (not a blender term, is a real word used to define a group of bones) to amnesia? ._____________.

Dem thingz shall be happening, dem days shall be counted...
TEH END!
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2013, 12:34 AM by vampirexevipex.)
01-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(01-25-2013, 11:34 PM)vampirexevipex Wrote: Wait.... so that means i can't export my armature (not a blender term, is a real word used to define a group of bones) to amnesia? ._____________.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18352.html

I am one of the only person in this forum to successfully export an 'armature' (as you called it) or a skeleton/ group of bones from Maya to HPL without issue (and with good animation as well). Follow this guide I constructed and make sure you search the forums before you start posting questions that have already been answered.

The only way to export the skeleton from Maya to HPL and get it to work correctly in HPL, is to add a model with a diffuse (color in Maya's terms) texture.

-crisosphinx

P.S. - Here's an example of my work (which is in the Great Work)

Great Work Models with the Mongrel which will be posted soonish - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wdvJPhtRWo

A new arm rig I've been working on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V_Y4eGbVcY

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
01-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Wait.... so that means i can't export my armature (not a blender term, is a real word used to define a group of bones) to amnesia?
._____________.
Umm... didn't I just tell you that indeed, you can? Wink All you need is Maya 2011 or lower, then download the Open Collada Plugin and there you go! Of course there needs to be a mesh skinned to it, like crisosphinx said. (But why would you have joints without a mesh anyway?)
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2013, 01:53 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
01-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Find