Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What was the last Film you watched?
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: What was the last Film you watched?

(01-27-2013, 10:07 AM)BeeKayK Wrote: Pans Labyrinth!
Awesome Movie

That movie is an abomination. The characters were retarded, The story was odd as it was basically 2 movies completely parallel to each other and had no connection whatsoever other than the very end... which was bad on its own.

The only good thing on the movie were the character designs which I have to admit, They were very original and interesting... But that isn't enough to save the movie for having a horrible story.

Ok so the last movie I saw, was "The Life of Pi". And guess what... I hated it as well! The only part I truly enjoyed in the movie was the whole movie except the part where the kid gets stranded whit the tiger in the middle of the ocean... And that was supposed to be the main focus of the damn movie! What I watched seemed like creepy priest weaving his keys to me for one hour straight... I understand you have shiny special effects (that aren't that good to begin whit!) but please stop! This isn't avatar you know?! Oh and the amount of simple logic mistakes in it amazed me. A tiger and a goat separated by iron bars, Tiger kills goat and managed to defy the laws of physics to make the goat pass trow the bars...Yup... makes sense. I'd let it pass if it was the only mistake they made in the movie... but the problem is if you actually watch the movie whit critic's eyes. You'll see the mistakes go on and on and on and on!

So to resume my opinion... It bored me. The whole idea of the relation whit the guy and the tiger was interesting. But it felt fake... everything in it felt fake. Like the star wars prequels that preferred the overly used clean and neat special effects rather than an actually real set.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2013, 03:10 PM by Danny Boy.)
01-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-27-2013, 03:06 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
Awesome Movie

That movie is an abomination. The characters were retarded, The story was odd as it was basically 2 movies completely parallel to each other and had no connection whatsoever other than the very end... which was bad on its own.

The only good thing on the movie were the character designs which I have to admit, They were very original and interesting... But that isn't enough to save the movie for having a horrible story.

Yes i know but somehow i find it good anyway!
I really like the creatures in it.

Trying is the first step to success.
01-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Theres no hope for you.
01-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-27-2013, 03:10 PM)BeeKayK Wrote:
(01-27-2013, 03:06 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
Awesome Movie

Yes i know but somehow i find it good anyway!
I really like the creatures in it.

I also hated it. For a fantasy movie it has a very distinct lack of fantasy. It's all just bleak and depressing, and the supposed fantasy parts are completely shallow and unimaginative.
01-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Find
Posting Freak

Yea ok...

Spoiler below!

[Image: 2mhsiu1.jpg]

01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

hey hey hey i like pans labyrinth too Sad

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
01-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

How can people like it?! Its so full of crap! Just look at the part where the girl goes to the the part where there is this guy sitting on a chair next to a feast. The faun told her to not fucking eat a thing. The ceiling of the feast room has fucking drawing of the dude eating kids. the creepy fairy try to make her leave. yet the fucking dumb fucking kid starts to fucking eat a Barry! How fucking stupid does the writer think kids are?! the same thing goes to "Do not be afraid of the dark"! These mother fuckers make kids do this incredibly dumb shit that not even George bush after a lobotomy would do! yet people fall in love to this piece of garbage!
01-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-27-2013, 04:31 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: How can people like it?! Its so full of crap! Just look at the part where the girl goes to the the part where there is this guy sitting on a chair next to a feast. The faun told her to not fucking eat a thing. The ceiling of the feast room has fucking drawing of the dude eating kids. the creepy fairy try to make her leave. yet the fucking dumb fucking kid starts to fucking eat a Barry! How fucking stupid does the writer think kids are?! the same thing goes to "Do not be afraid of the dark"! These mother fuckers make kids do this incredibly dumb shit that not even George bush after a lobotomy would do! yet people fall in love to this piece of garbage!

Not a very good reason to dislike a movie. Ever heard of suspension of disbelief? If all characters in every movie did everything completely right all of the time, there would be no movies.
01-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(01-27-2013, 04:36 PM)Bridge Wrote: Not a very good reason to dislike a movie. Ever heard of suspension of disbelief? If all characters in every movie did everything completely right all of the time, there would be no movies.
Suspension of disbelief can only go so far.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Find
Posting Freak

Arh, sorry for turning this thread into a discussion Smile

01-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Find